So Who Else Has No Plans for New Year's?
Dec 31, 2008 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Jigglybootch

Headphoneus Supremus
I, for one, will be doing absolutely nothing to celebrate. I'm likely going to bed at 9 because I have to wake up for work at 4. Of course, I could take tomorrow off as it is a paid holiday, but having no friends and nothing to do kind of ruins it for me.

Dec 31, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 43
Well, I did have plans, but I may end up being snow-bound tonight. I'm not too upset though. While going out is great, there's certainly something to be said for staying home and relaxing with no work the next day. Maybe I'll push my plans back to tomorrow (they're really independent of the fact that tonight is New Years eve).

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #3 of 43
Being just 18 while my brothers are 22 and 26, I have no real plans either. I can't go out to drink with them and most my friends are involved with family/church stuff.

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 43
My plan is to stay home, enjoying some nice music and a couple of beers.
smile.gif

I am no party lion, and hence I don't see the need to travel to town.

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 43
Going to ride my bike down to where they will shoot the fireworks off, go home and listen to music as I wait to the caffeine wear out.
A plan, but not much of one.

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*slowly raises hand*

Be proud! You're the honest one. Most people have plans but never carry them out, me included. =P

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 43
Some Champagne at a friends new home and Jacqui Naylor concert at 8. More Champagne and drinks with friends and Jacqui after the show. Should be fun.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulllaser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some Champagne at a friends new home and Jacqui Naylor concert at 8. More Champagne and drinks with friends and Jacqui after the show. Should be fun.

Now that sounds like a fun evening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to organize a synchronized, cross-time-zone vinyl spin. Wanna join?

You may be on to something here!

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to organize a synchronized, cross-time-zone vinyl spin. Wanna join?

If that new cartridge I ordered would've have actually showed up, I would have totally been up for that.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #13 of 43
Not much for us this year. Going to a movie then making a late dinner (greek steak which is flank steak rolled with spinach, feta and herbs, yummy!), spin some vinyl while sipping wine with my wife until breaking out the champagne at midnight. I'm looking forward to it a lot more than last year when we spent a lot of money to go out for one of those fancy restaurant gigs.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #15 of 43
Me, wife, son, three dogs sitting in our condo/vacation home watching the sun set on a lake with chilled grey Goose and Lemoncello. Light salad and some dippy stuff. to bed around 9--we are OLD you know--and I work tomorrow so that's it. No partying and the police patrol our highways like Gestapo tonite so most folk I know stay home and drink and celebrate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back