so whats missing? (long post) frustration
Mar 26, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interesting, as all of your posts are. You just sent me off hunting down more information on the K-240DF... and ended up buying one. Am very much looking forward to hearing these. Thank you!

I had a 240DF for a while but ended up selling it. It really had me flummox as for some recordings it sounded insanely good but for others (most) it really sucked.

Mar 30, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #17 of 17
binaural, or cross feed circuits are well.... good for one thing and one thing only... pushing the left and right sound stage further ahead of you. Meaning it will line up better with the center point of your sound stage. When a sound comes from only one channel it will appear at the source, at your ear... while the center channel may appear slightly ahead of you, the single sound coming from one ear will do exactly that... sound from that ear.... creating a "rainbow" effect" in your sound stage. cross feed works good for one reason. You put a two speakers, a stereo recording in front of you and have a sound from the right speaker only... you can still hear it in your left ear. You cant do that with a set of headphones now right? cross feed allows that. but however, your center sound stage is still stuck inside your skull. Sound stage starts from the center and works out... the trick is to make that center channel if you will appear in front of you.

What i want is to put on a set of phones, play a song and be able to reach my hand out and point towards the center of my sound stage (a singer) not stick my hand out and point towards my head. I just want to know if this is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back