So what will be announced at WWDC tomorrow?
Jun 11, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 12
I don't know about the iPhone@home. Would people be willing to pay a $200+ premium just to move to a flash drive over a hard drive? Doubtful. The iPhone is already $500-600 dollars. I think it'd be pretty difficult to move any of those things at the $800 price tag you'd be looking at.

And why use the iPhone name for what seems to be the next generation iPod? Doesn't make much sense at all. And again, pricing concerns unless they get a killer deal from SanDisk or Samsung on flash. I think a new iPod with iPhone style hardware/software/interface and standard hard drive is much more likely.

Jun 11, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And again, pricing concerns unless they get a killer deal from SanDisk or Samsung on flash.

Apple is partnered with Samsung on the flash memory. I don't think it'll be now, but I think we're going to get an ultra-thin laptop with the LED backlit screen and no hard drive. Maybe no optical drive, either.

But as for WWDC, I'd look for updates of two products that haven't had them lately. One, the Mini. Wasn't it the fastest-selling Mac ever? They were hugely popular, but Apple hasn't done much with it lately. I'd like to see the case reworked a little and more power under the hood.

Second, the vudeo iPod has not been updated in over a year. It's time. This is their cash cow. At least bigger drives or a price drop.

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #6 of 12
Steve Jobs dolls and cute leopard stuffed toys
icon10.gif

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 12
Well I guess the opening up iPhone to third party apps and Safari for Windows was the big news today.

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #9 of 12
Yeah...

In other words, good news... but nothing that will send people running to the stores.

Whenever they do a keynote without a hardware update, people seem to get realllllly pissy.

Jun 11, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #10 of 12
heh, did he just call Safari the most innovative browser? Hmm It'll take a lot more than that to make me ditch Firefox.

Seems that for once they stuck to software announcements for the Developers conference. Nothing much new to see though, was there?

Jun 11, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 12
What, no Apple-branded line of black turtlenecks and jeans?

I guess summer's not really the season for turtlenecks, though.

Jun 11, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems that for once they stuck to software announcements for the Developers conference. Nothing much new to see though, was there?

I'm pretty hyped about all the Leopard features they came out with. I just hope I won't have to buy a new computer to run it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back