so what is trading etiquette?
Aug 12, 2006 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Headphoneus Supremus
with the deals gone bad recently is there a specific time frame that goods should be shipped out once payment has been received? i try to ship the same day/next day

Aug 12, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 10
I'm not entirely sure what type of trading you are thinking of.. but here is my experience:
Over the past six months i've traded about 4 times with Kitaoji. The stuff is usually traded at the same time, and if she requests (if i'm not in Berkeley) i send the stuff out the same day or very close to that...with as much packaging as i can possibly use.

if meeting a head-fier i always try to give feedback, and maybe try to tell her what i think about the particular headphone.

Aug 12, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
with the deals gone bad recently is there a specific time frame that goods should be shipped out once payment has been received? i try to ship the same day/next day

absolutely. the sooner the better.

Aug 12, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 10
When I traded, the guy sent me the amp, after I recieved the amp, I sent out my PSP (this was a Wednesday) via fed ex 2 day (I was going to ship before, but it was my first time shipping an electronic across the boarder and I had to fill out a lot of stuff I didn't realise), and he got it Friday. Then monday I went out and sent the MO out via 1 day shipping I believe.

I'de think you should trade only with people you know well on these forums, or people with pages of feedback. A lot of risk in trading imo.

Aug 12, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 10
Put it all in writing before shipping or sending money. Nothing too formal and no Notary needed, but it should be part of the discussion and agreed upon before anything of value trades hands. If both parties know what to expect, it goes smoothly.

Aug 12, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
Put it all in writing before shipping or sending money. Nothing too formal and no Notary needed, but it should be part of the discussion and agreed upon before anything of value trades hands. If both parties know what to expect, it goes smoothly.

Excellent advise, it should lead to no surprises.

Aug 12, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 10
I'll usually tell the buyer to expect shipment within 2 days after I receive payment, unless other terms have been set. It just comes down to be responsible and shipping the item when you said you would. I've gone through quite a bit of transactions here on Head-Fi, and even if the sh*! hits the fan, I think as long as you communicate with the buyer/seller and be honest, things work out. A lot of these band deals we've been hearing about certainly seem to have one thing in common: lack of communication on one person's part.

Aug 12, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 10
I always ship by the next day after receiving payment. If it's early enough, I'll ship the same day, but most of my deals fall in the evening. I have made several trades, sales and purchases on this forum, and thankfully have never had a bad dealing. I strive to be an excellent person to do business with, but every now and then I'll throw a poisonous snake in the box just for giggles.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 12, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #9 of 10
i think it really depends on the forum presence and feedback of the person you are trading with

i just made two trades, for one we shipped simultaneously. for the other i requested that he ship first and send me tracking information. he later suggested that i not even ship untill his package arrives to me.

for an outright sale i try to ship same or next day, depending.

Aug 12, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
I always ship by the next day after receiving payment. If it's early enough, I'll ship the same day, but most of my deals fall in the evening. I have made several trades, sales and purchases on this forum, and thankfully have never had a bad dealing. I strive to be an excellent person to do business with, but every now and then I'll throw a poisonous snake in the box just for giggles.
evil_smiley.gif

I'm beginning to think your package not arriving might be better for me, and my health..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back