So .. what do you drive? ( Post pics )
May 21, 2004 at 8:31 PM Post #16 of 30
Well, I'm just using a company car here in Spain but before I moved here from Sweden I had this Land Rover Defender. In the back ground you can see the island I lived on
smily_headphones1.gif

lr1.jpg

lr3.jpg

May 21, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
White 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4x4 crewcab longbox (7.3L turbodiesel):

F350.jpg

Silver 1992 Honda Prelude SR:

Prelude.jpg

Sorry about the crappy quality of the Prelude photo. It's the only one I've got at the moment. For better photos of a silver Prelude (not mine), see here, here, here, and here. Main gallery where these photos came from is here.

D.

Demo, it's amazing how close Canada and Scandinavia look. That pic could easily have been either Norway, Sweden or Finland..
wink.gif

May 21, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Well, I'm just using a company car here in Spain but before I moved here from Sweden I had this Land Rover Defender. In the back ground you can see the island I lived on
smily_headphones1.gif

Ahhh...finally someone who drives a real vehicle!
wink.gif

I have not had the pleasure in seeing a SWB Defender up close as they are not imported into Australia, and have only seen a couple passing by here in the States.

My old ride was a 1972 Series III Land Rover, SWB, much like the one shown here, except mine was maroon
smily_headphones1.gif

Jeep? Bah!
wink.gif

May 21, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by stymie miasma
Ahhh...finally someone who drives a real vehicle!
wink.gif

I have not had the pleasure in seeing a SWB Defender up close as they are not imported into Australia, and have only seen a couple passing by here in the States.

My old ride was a 1972 Series III Land Rover, SWB, much like the one shown here, except mine was maroon
smily_headphones1.gif

Jeep? Bah!
wink.gif

Those Series IIIs are great, aren't they? Hey, if you haven't had much chance to see one up close, here are the other pics I had:

lr4.jpg

lr5.jpg

lr8.jpg

lr7.jpg

May 21, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Those Series IIIs are great, aren't they? Hey, if you haven't had much chance to see one up close, here are the other pics I had:

Awesome pics ipodstudio! It's funny to compare your wheels to a 1969 Land Rover and to think about how little has changed in the last 35 years!

110_1100.JPG

For more details of this Landy (or if you want to purchase it!), you should go here.

May 21, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Demo, it's amazing how close Canada and Scandinavia look. That pic could easily have been either Norway, Sweden or Finland..
wink.gif

Or Washington State, I'm homesick now...
frown.gif

May 22, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Doh!

Is that really your car?

Man, that sucks. No one was in it, though, I hope.

-Ed

Yeah, it's my car. We had a hurricane blow through maryland last fall and this happened. Oddly enought it only put a dent in the roof, not other damage at all, no broken windows...nothing!

May 22, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by stymie miasma
Awesome pics ipodstudio! It's funny to compare your wheels to a 1969 Land Rover and to think about how little has changed in the last 35 years!

110_1100.JPG

For more details of this Landy (or if you want to purchase it!), you should go here.

LOL! That's very true. Not much else, either
biggrin.gif
Can you believe they still leak water all over..?
eek.gif

Woah! Is that an old Land Cruiser in the background? Always wanted to get my hands on one of those older models..
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 22, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #26 of 30
Okay, I'll post some pictures.
Here is our main family car, a 2004 F150 FX4 four door.
newtruck.jpg.w560h420.jpg

This Chrysler is a '96 Sebring LXI. It lives in my away from home town to be used when I'm at the other end of my train ride. BTW this shot is in eastern Washington next to the Columbia river.
chryslersmall.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Here is my pickup. I've had this since 1980. It's outlasted 3 wives 6 kids and 2 dogs. It even made it through my heavy drinking period(with the scars to prove it). It's a 1977 Dodge Powerwagon powered by built 440 wedge. It looks bad, but runs great.
pickup.jpg.w300h225.jpg

My project car is posted in another thread at the moment.

May 22, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #28 of 30
May 22, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
I live in a 9 million people sprawl.No use for a car.
Instead I'm using this

Ouch!! That thing looks fast!! I tried rollerblades when I lived in Stockholm a few years back. Let's just say the only thing I found them really useful for was extracting sympathetic smiles from passing females who's motherly instincts took over when faced with a fully grown man lying face down, crying in the park, with rollerblades attached to his feet..
biggrin.gif

Hey, I wasn't married then so anything was allowed, right?
winkphones.gif

Here's another of my passions, though I guess this will lead to another thread
wink.gif
(not my pic, BTW, though almost the same as one I sold a short while back...)

Triumph%20Adventurer%20080701-29web.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back