So what are the latest budget headphones people are fawning over?
Jan 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #32 of 58
Jan 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #36 of 58
Sennheiser HD 201 ~$20.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #38 of 58
Quote:
I like my Sennheiser HD202 and HD203's, at $20 and $35 dollars the sq is great!

The HD202 was my first serious attempt to buy a good performing headphone at entry level prices. It is very good for the price, but you should give the KSC-75 and/or PortaPro a shot. I feel those two Koss offerings are a step above my HD202s, in terms of sound quality, at similar prices.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #39 of 58
[size=14.0pt]Never tried them, always wanted to though, at least the PortaPro’s. I am a fan of my Pro4aa's!!! My preference for headphones has always been a closed full size circumaural can, and the 202's and 203's are almost that. Used to be a radio jockey, and needed the closed design, and I guess it shaped my taste for headphones. When I’m out and about I prefer an IEM style, which right now is a set of SE215’s, looking into something custom from 1964 ears though. I guess what I am trying to say is that the PortaPro’s and KSC 75’s never really appealed to me…[/size]

Feb 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #41 of 58
having a few headphones that are beeing mentioned here i would like to chime in

2 weeks ago i thought the best bang for buck was the jaycar/fischer audio fa-003/yoga cans. i seriously think these are spectacular, no real flaws. Can be used for all kinds of music. I was perfectly happy with them, thinking of selling all my remaining cans and be done for good.

but i had another phone on order: the somic mh463

i really wanted them to suck, because i just fell in love with the jaycars. Unfortunatly they are better, without a doubt. Listening back and forth between those 2 on very kind of music imaginable I had to admit it. I just wish I had a sennheiser HD650 right now or something similar pricey and well known to compare it to because I really think the somic could be better (from memory).

Yea maybe the somics bass is a little strong, the pads are not so cool and the cable makes a creaking noise (time to mod!) but apart from that they are shockingly good. Details, Instrument separation and clarity are top notch. The CAL! and Sony MDR-7506 are not in the same league and Superlux... dont make me laugh! Comparing those with some of the recent budget killers these are overpriced!

heres hoping that these chinese ugly ducklings will survive with extended usage!

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #42 of 58
Quote:

Sounds very reasonable for a 'budget headphones' thread.

I've got to put in another vote for the Sony MDR V6.

And yet another for the Sony V6. On my second pair just recently purchased. Use mine at home hooked to a Magni amp. They don;t need an amp but seem to sound better with one. They caused me to put away my M50s maybe for good.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #43 of 58
Quote:
[size=14.0pt]Never tried them, always wanted to though, at least the PortaPro’s. I am a fan of my Pro4aa's!!! My preference for headphones has always been a closed full size circumaural can, and the 202's and 203's are almost that. Used to be a radio jockey, and needed the closed design, and I guess it shaped my taste for headphones. When I’m out and about I prefer an IEM style, which right now is a set of SE215’s, looking into something custom from 1964 ears though. I guess what I am trying to say is that the PortaPro’s and KSC 75’s never really appealed to me…[/size]

201 is circumaural :)

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #44 of 58
@whoelse

Yes, yes they are. LOL. I have a bunch of those for my students to use in our classroom. I have a pair or two that I use occasionally. For the price they are a pretty good sounding headphone, IMO. In class my usual go-to can is the Senn HD280 Pro. 

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #45 of 58
Quote:
@whoelse

Yes, yes they are. LOL. I have a bunch of those for my students to use in our classroom. I have a pair or two that I use occasionally. For the price they are a pretty good sounding headphone, IMO. In class my usual go-to can is the Senn HD280 Pro. 

Nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back