So today, i finally put 2 and 2 together.
Jan 9, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #16 of 30
agree to disagree..

his tuna just sounds flat, no bass and really is a bore for me. i think they need more mayonaise, either that, or they need to toast the bread longer.

Jan 9, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #17 of 30
Yea, I'd love to see pictures too. I work about 5 blocks away from the facility and have been there several times myself picking up different tips. I think you'd all be surprised how small a operation it is. I'm guessing maybe 10,000 sq ft. and I'm guessing maybe 15 employees...if that. Makes me wonder how many wonder how many IEM's they make per day on average? 50-60??

Jan 9, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #18 of 30
at the national meet, Ety really seemed into giving out hearing tests for folks to try out - at the least you should be able to spring one of those, if not a tour!

Jan 9, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SickMouthy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to make sure you push that tuna in the bread REALLY hard to get a good seal.

etysmile.gif
or you can use a hoagie roll if you cannot get a good seal with the regular bread.
etysmile.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #21 of 30
"Yea, I'd love to see pictures too. I work about 5 blocks away from the facility and have been there several times myself picking up different tips. I think you'd all be surprised how small a operation it is. I'm guessing maybe 10,000 sq ft. and I'm guessing maybe 15 employees...if that. Makes me wonder how many wonder how many IEM's they make per day on average? 50-60??"

Many companies design their products and then outsource the manufacturing (usually China) and packaging of the product. That must be where all of the sound engineers and product designers do their work. Plus, they need to house all of the admin and marketing folks.

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, I'd love to see pictures too. I work about 5 blocks away from the facility and have been there several times myself picking up different tips. I think you'd all be surprised how small a operation it is. I'm guessing maybe 10,000 sq ft. and I'm guessing maybe 15 employees...if that. Makes me wonder how many wonder how many IEM's they make per day on average? 50-60??

They don't manufacture the IEMs onsite though, do they?

Jan 9, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #23 of 30
Perhaps someone more in the know than me can confirm but as far as I know all of Etys products are made here locally in that facility.

On the packaging of both my ER-6i's and my ER-4's there is no country of origin mention of China or Mexico address anywhere...only Elk Grove Village, IL. and I believe that has to be on there by law.

(I've had 2 pairs of Shure E4's and one was China, the other Mexico..go figure)

Jan 9, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #24 of 30
I find if you carefully make lots of small holes in the bread it lets the air get to the tuna better, causing oxidisation which DEFINITELY improves the taste. Also, Cordos Mega Valhalla Mayo is WAY better than your bogstandard cash&carry stuff, a lot of people doubt it but really, the difference is massive. I'll never go back. Although, to be honest, I know how to make an amazing tuna mayo sandwich, I know it's amazing, but I don't really enjoy eating it much. How do you ENJOY tuna? < /Patrick >

Jan 9, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #25 of 30
I grew up eating my father's tuna. It wasn't that good, but it kept me alive. Then about 4 years ago I discovered Tuna Head.com. I got to tell you it changed my life! I asked them what type of tuna is good for a guy that likes rock, with a little classical. Everyone there absolutely loved Starkist, Albacore (not chunk light). There were a few noobs who kept talking about Chicken of the Sea stuff, but most of the Tunaheaders thought that Chicken of the Sea was just very good at marketing and ripping people off with mediocre tuna that was over priced.

Anyway, I've posted over 10,000 notes on the site and I've reached BIG TUNA status. If you guys ever want to really discover Tuna, I highly recommend it.

Jan 10, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #28 of 30
Etymotic, Shure, and Sensaphonics all headquartered in our great state. Who do we petition to get "Land of the IEM" added to our license plates?

Jan 11, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #29 of 30
Thought I would bump this. It's a good read.

Jan 11, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogewo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Etymotic, Shure, and Sensaphonics all headquartered in our great state. Who do we petition to get "Land of the IEM" added to our license plates?

You should add Ultimate Ears and Futuresonics to the list to make your case even stronger
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back