So today, i finally put 2 and 2 together.
Jan 8, 2007 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

bwana

New Head-Fier
My work shares a parking lot with Etymotic's facility, and I make Dr. Mead Killian (the founder) a tuna with cheddar sandwich atleast once a week.
etysmile.gif

I'm gonna talk to him next time he comes in and see if i can get a tour or something.

I've been lurking for quite some time, but just decided to register when I figured this out.

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by illy2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, where do you work?

At a sandwich shop.

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 30
I worked in a deli for a year and I have to ask ... would you say your tuna with cheddar is "analytical" and lacking in "fun"?

Actually, that's pretty cool. I really like my ER6i's now that I've switched to short Comply's and learned to "hear" the bass. Their small size and isolation are the main selling points for me, but the clarity is impressive. Recommended for those who need sonic isolation.

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 30
I can believe I didnt figure out until today...ive been working there for like 7 months.

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I worked in a deli for a year and I have to ask ... would you say your tuna with cheddar is "analytical" and lacking in "fun"?

Actually, that's pretty cool. I really like my ER6i's now that I've switched to short Comply's and learned to "hear" the bass. Their small size and isolation are the main selling points for me, but the clarity is impressive. Recommended for those who need sonic isolation.

That must be an insider joke, right?
blink.gif
I couldnt really answer it anyway, as I dont like tuna, and have never tried ours.
redface.gif

I bought some er6i's last night, i cant wait to get them.

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 30
yeah no that is def really very cool. How big is their facility??

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that is pretty cool. If they let you take a camera in I would be really interested in seeing some pictures.

Yeah I would love to also see some pics, but I highly doubt they would let you take pics inside most places like that. They always hate that, you know they'll lose "trade secrets"
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually I think that's hilarious.
etysmile.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #10 of 30
It's really hard to tell from the side I can see, since it shares "front" space with a couple other businesses. I'll go drive around it tomorrow and/or talk to Mead.

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I think that's hilarious.
etysmile.gif

I dont get it.
frown.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 30
ahhh... Spend more time on this forum and you'll get it
biggrin.gif
I'm guessing you haven't tried Etymotic IEMs?
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahhh... Spend more time on this forum and you'll get it
biggrin.gif
I'm guessing you haven't tried Etymotic IEMs?
wink.gif

No, i've always been more in to car audio SQ...decided to finally try some real headgear. Even though these probably arent "real" to you guys here. lol A nice pair of cans will be next if I keep going with this stuff.

Jan 9, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I don't care what anyone says, his tuna sandwiches do have bass...

remember though they have that tight punchy bass, not that muddy slushy bass. Only the best tuna for his clients.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back