So THICK cables sound good ? I HAVE 6 GAUGE !
Jul 21, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
why would it be offensive?

Just kidding of course
wink.gif
Nevertheless, this cable could cross the line and be scary to some... it should come with an AO rating
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
Dear god...give me back my innocence you monsters!

LOL I should have a power cable to match them sometime in the future. but Id like to use an even larger cable
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #37 of 43
I recently tried a fat power cord originally from a hi-fi dealer in Hong Kong. Got it for free with my new tube amp in an Ebay purchase. I don't know its AWG, but the outer diameter is 3/4 inch, and comes with huge plugs. Looks mighty impressive. I am amazed that power cord can actually make a difference. Hey, it actually makes my amp sound worse compared to two other 18 AWG standard power cords, one shielded and one not.
k1000smile.gif

Jul 22, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #39 of 43
disturbing looking ICs...

always been confused about this though, the signal is going to be sent through this magnificent uber cable...then gets pushed through a tiny little pin on the jack, and a length of really really skinny copper trace in the amp. weakest link?

Jul 22, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #40 of 43
The signal that travels along the path of the cables will not necessarily be affected adversely compared to using small guage cheap low conductive cable.

so there are still benefits sonically and performance wise in using a quality cable. anyhow size isnt everything, I just made the cables big to look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back