So the Refurb MTPC just arrived...
Apr 22, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #46 of 64
No problem with my shipment.  I am very satisfied with the sound, even more so than the MD tributes(doesn't sound accurate with unnatural amount of Bass).  

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #49 of 64
Yeah same here. I really haven't had much luck with the included tips. I think my ear canals might be different sizes! So far the best luck I've had is with Comply foamies and the large bi-flange that came with my CC51.

Quote:
Mine arrived today! The Copper itself looks fine, but some of the tips are kinda scratchy. The only problem I've had so far is finding the right tips. It tends to fall out of my ear all the time.

Apr 25, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #50 of 64
Hmm, I think the best seal for me was with the small size (orange) Sony Hybrids. The white and grey foam/gel super tips also worked but took a bit more fidling. The Comply foamies also worked well but I didn't like how they altered the sound. Meelec Tips also "worked", but beside the black and grey bi-flanges, I felt the single flanges were a little to flimsy to hold the heavy Coppers in place.

Also, regarding the RMA, I should be getting the replacement pair sometime this week or early next week.

Quote:
Yeah same here. I really haven't had much luck with the included tips. I think my ear canals might be different sizes! So far the best luck I've had is with Comply foamies and the large bi-flange that came with my CC51.

May 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #51 of 64
...So I recieved my RMA'd Coppers this past Tuesday.
So far they're perfect
beerchug.gif
... and came with an additional set of tips and the soft pouch (with the silly "for audiophiles & audio professionals only" slogan) which I prefer to the more elaborate "female purse" style bag.

Monster's customer service delivers again.

May 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #52 of 64
Glad to hear everything went well. I gotta rma my pair soon too. The stress relief on the right managed to snapped in half even though I baby them.  

Quote:
...So I recieved my RMA'd Coppers this past Tuesday.
So far they're perfect
beerchug.gif
... and came with an additional set of tips and the soft pouch (with the silly "for audiophiles & audio professionals only" slogan) which I prefer to the more elaborate "female purse" style bag.

Monster's customer service delivers again.

May 15, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #54 of 64
The right side on my stress relief managed to snap off too and I took good care of them also. I kinda regret buying the refurbs with the shortened warranty now. Do you just call their support number and did they give you a lot of trouble?

Quote:
Glad to hear everything went well. I gotta rma my pair soon too. The stress relief on the right managed to snapped in half even though I baby them.  

May 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #55 of 64
Mine did that too. I don't know that I care, though. Maybe I'll just grab some super glue and reattach it. There's no reason to expect that any other one from monster will be less likely to break off like that, right?

May 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #56 of 64
So the right earphone of my Coppers is beginning to split where the silver half meets the copper half. Just like the left earphone in this pic:

It's only been like a month and a half, and 99% of the time I've used them has been sitting at my desk at work.

May 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #58 of 64
I already e-mailed Monster, suppose I have to wait until Monday for a response. Mine do have the new strain relief, though.

It's weird, because when I saw posts on here where people said the shell "split open", I didn't really understand how that was possible, but I was imagining them cracking open the length of the shell or something.

May 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #59 of 64
What are the dell ones? Are you saying they are different if you bought them from dell.

I RMA'd mine and used my roommate's coppers in the meantime. They sound so much warmer than my coppers that I have a feeling my pair was defective. It is quite possible though that I have just been listening to my RE-0s for too long.

Quote:
well you got the dell ones, they were faulty
get 'm replaced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back