So the Refurb MTPC just arrived...
Apr 13, 2011 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

lazuline

100+ Head-Fier
Well, that was faster than I expected. Thankfully, these came with a full assortment of new tips. The only missing items versus a new set are the 1/4 adaptor, smaller case, and -- of course -- the lifetime warranty. Initial listen impression... wow, I've stepped back into the light...

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 64
Did you order yours this weekend as well? Where are you located? I hope to get mine tomorrow! Build quality seem as good as new?

By the way, I hate you. :wink:

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 64

Quote:
Did you order yours this weekend as well? Where are you located? I hope to get mine tomorrow! Build quality seem as good as new?

By the way, I hate you. :wink:

I concur. I also hate you. I bought mine on saturday and they still haven't shipped yet. I'm glad they come with the basic accessories. I was worried it was only the headphones and 1 pair of tips. Since there's no warranty, I'm going to try and techflex those bad boys.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 64
Still waiting for mine! I don't live in the US but thankfully I have a nice friend buy it for me
tongue.gif

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 64
Just got mine a bit ago. It came with the same stuff as pictured in the OP, yet one of the tips that was already on them is sort of ...deflated? No biggie, plenty of tips to choose from.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 64
wow my pro golds just arrived and its completely messed up. It only came with a case and the tips that were on the buds. the logo on the left bud is crooked and off center. the right bud has a gap where the gold meets the black. Gonna try and get these replaced and get those tips

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #11 of 64
Sucks. Only issue I've had(other than one aforementioned one) really is with finding the right tips amongst the very large selection. The large regular silicone tips seem to fit best so far. None of the Supertips work for me...they're either too big or too small. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. I literally would try a gel tip that was slightly too small, then try the next size up only to find that it was too big.

Quote:
wow my pro golds just arrived and its completely messed up. It only came with a case and the tips that were on the buds. the logo on the left bud is crooked and off center. the right bud has a gap where the gold meets the black. Gonna try and get these replaced and get those tips

Apr 16, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #12 of 64

Quote:

Ew, I hope I'm luckier than you

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #13 of 64

Quote:

LOL mine is the same. Since these are refurb, most of them were returned to Monster because of the glue of the housing wasn't holding it. Monster glued them back and sold them off as refurbished. 

I was disappointed when I found out no eartips were included. I was expecting them to have the same thing as the Coppers. : /

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #14 of 64
are you going to try and get them replaced? also can those that have the pros check if their gold Y part of the wire faces the correct way when they put the right bud in the right ear and the left one in the left ear? I think mine might be wrong because the side with the number faces out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back