So some canada post agent decided to steal my SA6
Jul 15, 2008 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Daemos

100+ Head-Fier
So...

I came home today, to an empty box with a recipt for my SA6....What I know it was opened by Canada Customs and they assessed the value on it, but no SA6.

My uncle who accepted the package didn't touch them, so TU$@)%*@)%*@#)%&@){%&@

Anger is not even close to how I'm feeling.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So...

I came home today, to an empty box with a recipt for my SA6....What I know it was opened by Canada Customs and they assessed the value on it, but no SA6.

My uncle who accepted the package didn't touch them, so TU$@)%*@)%*@#)%&@){%&@

Anger is not even close to how I'm feeling.

Was the thing in the box when he signed for it? If not, why did he sign for it? If yes, did the mailman sneak into your house to steal the stuff?

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 24
Wow thats lame, Im sorry, Ive had similar things happen and its the worst feeling. Hope you get your SA6 soon!

Jul 15, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 24
Damn I just realized I posted in the wrong forum. I already contacted Michael from soundearphones.com to let him know what happened.

What happened is: My uncle accepted the package, I wasn't home. Paid customs and duties. Put the box down, I came home picked up thebox, notivced that the Canada Customs tape was all torn to crap (but covered with REGULAR tape). Canada Customs will open up boxes to verify contents then use their own special Canada Custom's tape to seal it back up.

The only thing inside the box was the receipt. So I went to the local Canada Post Depot (I don't live in this city, and I'm only visiting fpr the summer) and they said because of how the economy and labour shortage is here, thefts have gone up quite a bit.

They took down my info, told me to try to file a claim, and to get michael from soundearphones.com to make a claim with USPS and we will trade claim #s in hopes this will be resolved shortly, as I just bought a fuze, which I will now return, since I don't have use for it as I have no idea how long this could take before I even see any reimbursement or any sort (it could possibly take MONTHS)

=( I bought a fuze yesterday because I knew the SA6s would be on route today T_T

Jul 15, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only thing inside the box was the receipt. So I went to the local Canada Post Depot (I don't live in this city, and I'm only visiting fpr the summer) and they said because of how the economy and labour shortage is here, thefts have gone up quite a bit.

Have they started hiring illegal aliens? Because that's how a system, any system, is going to degenerate quickly. South Africa has this problem to a so serious degree, that Amazon doesn't ship to SA anymore.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have they started hiring illegal aliens? Because that's how a system, any system, is going to degenerate quickly. South Africa has this problem to a so serious degree, that Amazon doesn't ship to SA anymore.

Alberta in general is in such a boom, most places hire anyone without any security background checks.

There are also other social issues I could deluge further on related to money, and how most people here don't have it, but everyone thinks people here have money, so they try to live up to those standards. (I'm generalizing here, but a lot of the people here are like that)

Jul 15, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #9 of 24
I guess you should also consider dealing with Canadian postal service directly too.

I have the same experience when I was shipping thing back to my home town from oversea. The box was sent 4 yrs ago, and I have yet to see even a piece of it. It just varnished after it arrived at my country's postal service.
frown.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #10 of 24
That sucks big time man, sorry to hear that. I had Canada Post or whoever was on the American side of the deal tear open my order of blu-rays from Amazon.com and steal half of them. I was not happy. Luckily Amazon was quick to resend the missing ones... your case is much more drastic. Doesn't make me feel good about moving to Edmonton in 3 weeks (I'm currently in Winnipeg).

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #11 of 24
That sucks indeed!
Hope the parcel were fully insured, so you can claim your money back.

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #15 of 24
Happens a lot here in the UK too
Get lot of stuff from play.com go missing and they make you wait for 3weeka before can file a missing claim!
Really sux when you miss out o new release xbox game or new cd!
Hope you get issue resolved!
Problem with buying off net over physical in shop purchase I guess!
Someone always gets burned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back