So now what? Setup help/recommendation.
Jun 11, 2014 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

benthughes

100+ Head-Fier
So I've been at this game for a little while and have soaked up a ton of great information here. I'm setting up a listening station and at this point it's finally complete. I'm running my Ipad through a HRT IStreamer ( DAC) to my new Schitt Asgard. I'm running Philips Fidelio X1s, Denon D2000, Modded SR325 and Sennheiser HD700s. They each have their strengths and weaknesses but really sound the best I've heard them so far through this set up.

So as most of you can relate I'm wondering where to go from here? Should I experiment with different cans as budget allows? Upgrade my source or focus on building a collection of higher resolution music or just shut the **** up and enjoy the music? I doubt I'll ever go Summit-fi as I tend to just like to enjoy music as opposed to considering myself an audiophile by any stretch. Considering maybe the HE-500s or new HE560s to round out my collection then give it a rest... I dunno. 

I'm sure many of you have been there already and have had that AH-HA moment I'm looking for. What do you think?

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 4

Upgrade my source or focus on building a collection of higher resolution music or just shut the **** up and enjoy the music? I doubt I'll ever go Summit-fi as I tend to just like to enjoy music as opposed to considering myself an audiophile by any stretch.

Sounds like you know the answer 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 4
When I'm out and about it's generally my iphone 5 running can opener and my Shure 535Ltd or IE80s. I have a fiio E17 but don't really find it necessary with the IEMs. I'll run optical out from my laptop to the E17 which helps a little.

I think you're right... Shut up and enjoy the music. I'm half deaf from years in loud rock bands and flying around in prop planes :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back