So my K81DJ headband snapped..
Feb 28, 2008 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

toric334

100+ Head-Fier
Currently looks like this:

100_1122853.jpg

Just 'opened' the headphones to get them on my head and the headband snaps clean off on both sides
mad.gif

Anyone know if its possible to get a replacement?

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 17
Are you sure that you completely lack affinity to gross motor skills? I know you guys from GB can be quite tough...
popeye.jpg

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 17
Yeah, how did you manage to break the solidness of the K81 so easily?
tongue.gif
To be honest I don't know if you can get a headband, but unless they are cheap you might as well just buy the whole thing new.

[edit]May I ask how long you've had them?

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, how did you manage to break the solidness of the K81 so easily?
tongue.gif
To be honest I don't know if you can get a headband, but unless they are cheap you might as well just buy the whole thing new.

[edit]May I ask how long you've had them?

Pretty sure I've had them since the summer, I actually broke them a couple of months ago; just refound them eariler today and really wanted to listen to some trance
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure that you completely lack affinity to gross motor skills? I know you guys from GB can be quite tough...
http://peacecorpsonline.org/messages/imagefolder/popeye.jpg[h/IMG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

hahahah, don't think I'm that strong, was kinda scary [img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/eek.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by toric334 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oops, double post :x

Triple post you mean
tongue.gif

Didn't they come with warranty? I believe AKG gives 3 years of warranty on their products.

Feb 29, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The OP wouldn't happen to be related to Tyll, would he?

LOL

biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #11 of 17
Hey there,

If you don't plan on replacing the headband (which from the sound of this thread doesn't seem possible) do you mind sacrificing one of the sides for the purpose of finding out how to get the shoulder to turn out further?

To illustrate what I mean:

k81modau6.jpg

If you can crack one side's shoulder open (after removing the driver and driver housing of course) and take a look at how it can be disassembled and possibly post pictures of the internal, that'd be great! This research will benefit K81/K518 owners everywhere!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #13 of 17
wow... i just ordered my k81dj @ amazon.com, hope this wont happen to me though.

-doughn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back