So long Superman......
Oct 11, 2004 at 1:23 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Oh man, that is terrible sad news : /

I don't care if people thought less of him because of what he was, and how he got crippled. The truth was he was a charismatic actor, he seemed to live an amazing life, and it was taken from him far too soon.

This just plain sucks. I can't believe that.

Eh? He fell from a horse and got tangled up in the bridle because he was riding a mount that may have been a tiny bit too small in stature ...aka a freak accident that perhaps wouldn't have happened if the horse's neck had been longer than the stretch of his arms? But it's such a freak thing to happen, anyone could have made the same "mistake" if the horse was one that you'd really want to ride. It's difficult to say really, who thinks of such a thing happening?

So why would we think less of him because he fell riding cross country? Do you always have a clear round and never fall from your horse?
confused.gif

Oct 11, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #18 of 27
Hollywoeed Superman made him famous, but how he dealt with his dissability, IMHO, is how he contributed the most. Kept fighting to the end like a true Superman.

Lets raise our glasses and down a round in honor of the man of steel! As fortune turns the wheel.

Oct 11, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Oh man
frown.gif
I grew up watching those movies...he was a real hero...a role model for me (I had no idea about DC comics etc. at that age). I had a superman costume and I still have all the movies...this is sad news...

I dont think anyone else can play that character like he did...I havent seen too many "other" movies with him but I think there are more than a handful...

Yeah...my plans of sleeping well just got blown sky high with this news
confused.gif

Agreed, I can remember watching Chrisopher Reeve in both Superman movies back when I was 12 years old. There will be no other actor IMO who can protray Superman like he did, and he didn't let his disability stop him from living his life to the fullest. Rest in peace and you will once fly again Superman.

Oct 11, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #23 of 27
Read this...and then read the comments from readers

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18602

One particular comment almost brought me to tears...

"I remember running around in the backyard with a towel tucked into my shirt-neck"

Ive done all that and more...
frown.gif

I dont know why this is affecting me so much...I think childhood experiences and heroes have a great deal to do with your psyche as you grow...you try to emulate them...

Maybe thats why it makes me sad

Oct 11, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Read this...and then read the comments from readers

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18602

One particular comment almost brought me to tears...

"I remember running around in the backyard with a towel tucked into my shirt-neck"

Ive done all that and more...
frown.gif

I dont know why this is affecting me so much...I think childhood experiences and heroes have a great deal to do with your psyche as you grow...you try to emulate them...

Maybe thats why it makes me sad

I think that every kid has done that at least once. Long time members here know I am a HUGE Superman fan. I did shed some tears this morning, he was such a great guy and a true role model in such a way that one can only dream of someone being. A true superhero on screen and even more so in real life.

action583.jpg

Read a great tribute here: http://nightwing.superman.ws/editorials/reeve-rip.htm

Oct 11, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #25 of 27
frown.gif

It was such a horrible feeling when I discovered he had passed away.

I might be one of the only people in America that hasn't seen a Superman movie yet, but I admired Christopher Reeve for not giving up his battle to walk again. Though this is no longer possible for him he has given so many other people hope to keep up the fight. This inspiration will live on and I hope that one day there will be a cure.

RIP
frown.gif

Oct 11, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #26 of 27
JESUS! I heard this on some dubious talk-radio station and couldn't believe it until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back