so im gonna dip my headphones in bleach.
Feb 23, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #63 of 85
santa is what makes this thread awesome... i might have to create a new laptop wall paper

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #65 of 85
Should have just put the whole cans in jello. Kind of like what Jim does to Dwight on The Office.

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #66 of 85
Ok. status report day two.the color is lightening a little bit, and less and less dye is coming out with every wash. should be wearable in a couple days!

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #67 of 85
why not just DIY the pads themselves.......memory foam works a hell of alot better and is way more comfortable than those crappy open cell foam ones....

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #68 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by fsma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not just DIY the pads themselves.......

Have you ever tried? Probably dipping foam in sugar syrup may make it machineable, but I have no idea if that really works.

Feb 24, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #69 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by fsma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not just DIY the pads themselves.......memory foam works a hell of alot better and is way more comfortable than those crappy open cell foam ones....

Heh. I don't have the patience for that. I had a hard enough time not throwing something trying to cut out quarter sized holes....

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #70 of 85
Ok. 2 days later and the color is fading a little bit. in a good way. theyre more red and less.... really really dark red. ive washed and air dried them about 20 times so far and color is still coming out. stay tuned for final pics in a few days.

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #71 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti-Hero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok. 2 days later and the color is fading a little bit. in a good way. theyre more red and less.... really really dark red. ive washed and air dried them about 20 times so far and color is still coming out. stay tuned for final pics in a few days.

Nice! Just make sure you get all the color out and don't bleach your ears red.
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #72 of 85
nice thread so far.
if they turn out crap and you feel like rerolling, suggest you get some hairdye instead + peroxide. IIRC food dye will probably wash out 90% >.>
edit: i wonder what sort of resell value there is for dyeing patterns into pads.

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #73 of 85
OK!!!!! IT'S TIME FOR THE UNVEILING!!!! The final results. After washing with detergent and air drying around 30 times it seems that the color stopped coming out. I Threw 'em on the MS-1's and......

IMG_0493.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back