So i went ahead and ordered ER6i
Apr 11, 2009 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

loskaos

New Head-Fier
1- im new, not from us , from costa rica , I can shop in the us online , family traveling often.
2-own a ZUNE 30gb senn EH-150 and HD435.
3-ordered ER6i for 71$ read somewhere that they were like $100.

i jumped on those , i know theyre not the best for bass but they seem like a good value.

its my first time spending over $45 on headphones and im sure if like them it shouldnt be long untill i start looking for better stuff.

i am as well looking for a cmoy im not sure if i can build one or get the parts on my local store, i dont think its not wise to order an amp online, so im trying to buy one but im o really tight schedule for catching my free shipment to costa rica as the last day i can receive packages is on friday 17th...

i know i have a lot to read here , but then again i have to work
biggrin.gif
and study !! and exercise then be lazy and party!!

just wanted to know any input advise , oh noes or w/E and say hi since im new here and just starting to digest all of this information.

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 13
get some other types of tips, tips from er6i can be tiring for long time use with only tri-flanges and foam.

i end up using a medium shure grey rubber for its long term use comfort even though it doesn't hold well enough under motion.

Apr 11, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 13
welcome to head-fi, the ER6i are not totally crazy on bass, but when i still use it once in a while it it is still very satisfying especially on albums that has been EQed.. the bass notes are there. Cant be said for my Alessandro MS-2 Bowls :p virtually weak bass. Haha in comparision the ER6i is better :p

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #4 of 13
ER6i is a pretty good IEM choice for beginner, I am sure you will like it. As for eartips for slightly more bass, try Shure black foam sleeves ('olive' as we call it here).

Apr 11, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 13
thanks for the replys , im sure ill like em beacause , atm i have a pretty cheap ear
biggrin.gif

i was wondering about the spare parts that i can purchase like tips and filtersas they seem to wear.

also im trying to look for a portable amp( i guess with a budget of $50)
hoping to gain and push not only the ER6i , but my other headphones and show them to my friends who dont know anything about these kind of things but maybe i can hook them up
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 13
I wouldn't worry about buying any filters. I've had mine for three months now and haven't needed them.
As far as tips, some people like the glider tips. I'm still using the triple flange ones, and can get a good seal with them but it takes practice and they do go in deep. You could possibly buy the double flange ones and see if you like them.
Biggest think with the Ety line: you really need a good seal! So, you'll feel ridiculous, but try putting in the earphones the way they show you, with the strange wrapping your arm over your head to pull on your earlobe. It helps a ton!
And to make sure you've got a good seal, here is a sweet little test you can listen to: Sensaphonics / Seal Test
Best of luck!

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #7 of 13
only time i change filter was i accidentally drop the clip and the right ear bud dipped into the toilet

i sanitized with alcohol and cleaning detergent on the tip and as well changed the filter

it is still doing fine

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 13
yeah i was worried about the maintainance costs on the filters... But i was once paranoid why they had a change in sound quality :p just cleaned the top of the filters and they are fine again. After 2 years of use, i only changed them once. Although one of the replacement filters had gone black. I put them on and still ok probably still the same quality as before.

Apr 11, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 13
ok , yeah it comes with a pair of filters. then again i will be in the stated in july so i can take care of that.

on the other hand , is there a sub 50$ portable amp that i can purchase online that is worth it??

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #11 of 13
thanks for the heads up again , im not expecting any miracles , this is going to be the my first set of IEMS and i have looked at the penguin cmoy and the PA2V2 built by a guy called gary and the fiios 5.

seems to me its time to digg more into this at the amp section, i will still check on this any input is welcome !!

Apr 12, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #12 of 13
I haven't had any personal experience with the Fiio E5 but having used the ER6is with the cheaper Fiio E3 I'm fairly confident you'll be satisfied with either of those affordable amps. I like a fair amount of bass and the ER6is paired with either of those makes for a great affordable combination.

Apr 12, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by evu325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't had any personal experience with the Fiio E5 but having used the ER6is with the cheaper Fiio E3 I'm fairly confident you'll be satisfied with either of those affordable amps. I like a fair amount of bass and the ER6is paired with either of those makes for a great affordable combination.

any distortion with the Fiios on the bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back