So I just got my Yuin Pk2...
Mar 9, 2007 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

LuckyKarma

500+ Head-Fier
And I had no idea you could get this sound from an earbud! I was expecting the usual bud that sounds like a tin can, too much treble and no bass at all, but these actually sound better than my KSC75. These seriously sound like a full size headphone in an earbud.

I got mine from the $49 Chinese New Year sale, but I'd highly recommend them at their regular $69 price!
etysmile.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 34
LOL it's about time to start a Yuin appreciation thread!

BTW as was mentioned before in the forum, using rather big earbud like the Pks can be painful for some. There's no way one can tell until one try them on for an hour or two. If it hurts, there's nothing much you can do but let them go.

I wish that won't happen to any of us
biggrin.gif

PS. LuckyKarma got it right in the thread name, I don't know why but that's how these models were stated on their boxes. Pk1 and Pk2.

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 34
Yuin will become rich because of this forum.
Ordering mine tonight! Should be good for casual in/out listening during my summer delivery route!

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 34
49 US dollars? does it include shipping? that's not bad. i got mine here in Hong Kong for 290 Hong Kong dollars(US$1 = HK$7.81). anybody heard of pk3? it's about 100 Hong Kong dollars less(HK$188). very nice earbud. better than senns mx550

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #7 of 34
I had MX51's and the Pk1/2's destroy the Sennheisers. I'm still waiting for both Pk1's and 2's to arrive. =T

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #10 of 34
Would be interesting to hear a decent earbud. Small description of the sound anyone?
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by toric334 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would be interesting to hear a decent earbud. Small description of the sound anyone?
biggrin.gif

Is it really better to wait for someone to answer that, than to do a search?

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had MX51's and the Pk1/2's destroy the Sennheisers. I'm still waiting for both Pk1's and 2's to arrive. =T

is this second hand experience...or first hand experience...sorry just wondering...i don't think i can say that my headphones are better than another even though the consensus is that the other is worse because i haven't heard the other...or did you hear them at a meet...if you did then sorry.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #13 of 34
I owned MX51's and I heard the Pk1/2's during the NY meet in November.

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #14 of 34
got mine today for $49. it's better than regular consumer earbuds, but not comfy as Sennheiser CX300-B. and the cable is too short.
sound quality is not good as E3c, but richer than sen CX300. however, mid to mid-bass is kind of too much. I still perfer sen 280/sony v6 flat. I would said, not good earphone for classical. maybe it's good for Jazz/blues/trance..
blink.gif

edit: just found I need turn on my ipod to 50% of full bar volume for PK2 in order to get same loudness as 10% of full bar volume for Sen CX 300/EP 630.
blink.gif

edit: after 2 hours listening, I appriciate its accurate treble in violin, it's very smooth, strong, and not harsh at all. yes, sound stage effect is alright, not big. Bass is not deep and strong even comparing with Sony v6. kind of emphasis a lot on mid range. most of all the music is not transparent as from sen HD 595. for $50, I am still happy with it.

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #15 of 34
Does anyone know if a cmoy is enough for the PK1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back