so I have been introduced to grado sr60s... what now?
Sep 8, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #46 of 50
ok so Ive made my final final decision on headphones. im going for the ms2is! after hearing alot of things about narrow soundstage and harshness on the 325is I think I would really benefit from the ms2i since I have a broad range in musical tastes. so im still deciding between corda move and emu 0404. I cant decide at all really. the emu 0404 can still function as a dac and apparently another amp can be used in conjunction whereas with the corda move you are stuck with the amp inside no matter what....

Sep 8, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #47 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rei_yano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the emu 0404 can still function as a dac and apparently another amp can be used in conjunction whereas with the corda move you are stuck with the amp inside no matter what....

You've put your finger on the real issue. It really depends on where you see yourself going with this endeavor. Will you spend once and get out? * haven't we all naively thought this? * If so, get the Move.

Will you spend a chunk now with an eye on upgrading in the future? *Welcome to HeadFi . . . sorry about your wallet * If so, the 0404 will work well with another amp down the road. In the meantime, it has a passable amp.

If you get the 0404 you are really building a home system which will sound a bit better but keep you tied to a comfy chair. The Move is - by most accounts - a great-sounding portable with an OK DAC for home use. It seems like your decisions at this point are more philosophical than audible.

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #48 of 50
I think im gonna go for the 0404... I am also thinking about purchasing a little cmoy off ebay just for kicks. would a cmoy + ms2i work well? though the cmoy is moreso what I want to use for going out and useing it with my nano plus v moda vibes.

edit:
question.. would it make sense to pair a cmoy with the 0404 and use the ms2is with this set up? or is the amp inside the 0404 better than any cmoy out there on ebay to begin with?

Sep 8, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #49 of 50
save the money spent on cmoy for a better amp.. i've heard that the 0404 amp is adequate for low impedance phhones

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #50 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
save the money spent on cmoy for a better amp.. i've heard that the 0404 amp is adequate for low impedance phhones

ok I see. so just wait till I can afford some 300 - 400 dollar amp or something? something around those lines right? I might still buy a cmoy just for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back