So I have a family history paper due in 9 hours
Sep 28, 2005 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

mmmmcheese

500+ Head-Fier
Yeah so I have a family history paper due in 9 hour that I have had 3 weeks to work on. This is probably the worst case of procrastination I have had. Wow that was dumb...I wil be up late tonight.
mad.gif

frown.gif

basshead.gif

wish me luck!!!

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 17
Good luck! You'll need it!

What year are you? Most of my history courses in college have been very intensive -- ones that you have to spend lots of time over a long period of weeks to understand. I once tried to write a history paper after lots of procrastination, and I did succeed, and I got a pretty good grade, but I then ended up being too tired to go to any of my other classes
rolleyes.gif

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 17
hopefully you're in highschool...then you can just wing it. If in Uni or college...well, all the best, I always ended up procrastinating, but for me that meant leaving myself a week when i had three months, not 9 hours...lol, good luck dude...

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Luck ?

how about me banning you for nine hours so you can actually get to it ? Obviously you can not stay away
very_evil_smiley.gif

haha I just come here every hour or so to keep myself awake and from getting bored.

Yeah I am just a sophmore in high school so it isn't to bad. I am used to winging it anyway.
icon10.gif

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 17
lol...you're golden then, just write a few pages, draw up a family tree and bingo bango...lol...I dont know, I underestimate highschool, just when looking back on it after finishing university I don't know why I worried so much...

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #7 of 17
Use big complicated words. I did this on a History essay, I bs'ed myself through it using numerous complex intuitive words that convoluted his mind and reiterated his logic (I have no idea what I just said, I used big words from one of Scrypt's post)
tongue.gif
Just dont make the use of complex words too obvious.

Sep 28, 2005 at 6:12 AM Post #9 of 17
indeed rick is right. It's not what you know, it's how much they think you know.

Sep 28, 2005 at 10:46 AM Post #10 of 17
Highschool writing was so easy, no need to research, or back up your opinions with facts or quotes.

That's what makes Uni writing so hard, you have to find evidence to back up your thesis, with proper quoting and bibliographies...writing the paper is simple, doing the research takes time.

Sep 28, 2005 at 12:13 PM Post #11 of 17
Well i went to bed last night at about 12:30 with almost all of it done. Right now all i have to do is edit it and add some moe stuff to the conclusion... Whew!

Sep 29, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
Highschool writing was so easy, no need to research, or back up your opinions with facts or quotes.

That's what makes Uni writing so hard, you have to find evidence to back up your thesis, with proper quoting and bibliographies...writing the paper is simple, doing the research takes time.

Heh, heh. I remember this nightmare term paper I did for a sociology class. It was on socialized vs. capitalist health care systems. It was essentially the 'final' for the class, accounted for 40% of my grade and was assigned the second day of class. So three months later and 3 days before it was due, I cracked open my first book. 15 hours before it was due I took my notes, essentially an array of a few dozen note cards and a stack of books filled with post-its, and proceed to kick out a paper. Good thing I could type 80 wpm
cool.gif
It ended up ~25 pages in body with about 50 footnotes, table of contents, bibliography, etc. I was so out of it the last hour I couldn't even really comprehend the words anymore and had my girlfriend finish the final editing. C-, def got what I deserved on that one...

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
Heh, heh. I remember this nightmare term paper I did for a sociology class. It was on socialized vs. capitalist health care systems. It was essentially the 'final' for the class, accounted for 40% of my grade and was assigned the second day of class. So three months later and 3 days before it was due, I cracked open my first book. 15 hours before it was due I took my notes, essentially an array of a few dozen note cards and a stack of books filled with post-its, and proceed to kick out a paper. Good thing I could type 80 wpm
cool.gif
It ended up 20 pages with about 50 footnotes, table of contents, bibliography, etc. I was so out of it the last hour I couldn't even really comprehend the words anymore and had my girlfriend finish the final editing. C-, def got what I deserved on that one...

I hope my sociology class we won't have to do gigantic essays like that. The class is kinda tough, but its not ridiculously hard. Were you in a high school sociology class by the way?

Honestly, the longest essay I've ever done was 3 pages (double spaced
eek.gif
)

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmmcheese
Yeah so I have a family history paper due in 9 hour that I have had 3 weeks to work on. This is probably the worst case of procrastination I have had. Wow that was dumb...I wil be up late tonight.
mad.gif

frown.gif

basshead.gif

wish me luck!!!

i can always mention adam and eve ; ).

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #15 of 17
lol. I just realized I have a paper due in a week on a 300 page book i haveent started yet. this might sound do-able but the book is "The Stones of Venice". all about the philosophy of architecture. I just tried to start it and read about 5 pages when i realized i had no idea what i was reading. my eyes are incredible readers. its my brain that cant read for ****
biggrin.gif
i always think about daisys and lollipops and big purple elephants
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back