so I had to suffer for awhile using $10 headsets...
Jan 21, 2010 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

jarthel

500+ Head-Fier
I always love my music and I try to buy good equipment without breaking the bank.

Last week, some thieves has broken into our office and has stolen several office laptops and they also my DT880. I am quite sad because I cannot replace it immediately.
frown.gif
I have used my goodwill (towards my wife) buying several thousand worth of aquarium stuff (setting my 1st ever planted tank!).

Anyway over the holidays. I bought a $10 headset so we can use skype and talk to our friends. And this is what I'm using right now. It's not as good as the DT880 but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the music.

are you enjoying the music because of the equipment or because of the music itself?

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 21
Hearing is too delicate to use cheap headphones.

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a mix weighted towards the music. If I had to listen to music on my cell's speakerphone, my enjoyment would be diminished considerably.

that's like saying beatles, beethoven and many others are not as enjoyable during the LP/mono age.

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarthel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a $10 headset so we can use skype and talk to our friends. And this is what I'm using right now. It's not as good as the DT880 but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the music.[/U]

DUDE, get a pair of KSC75s from ebay for like $17 shipped

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

are you enjoying the music because of the equipment or because of the music itself?

Definitely the music, without question. Give me a cassette walkman and crap ear buds and i will still enjoy my music hell i did it for years in high school.

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #15 of 21
Man that really sucks, DT880's??? I'd be really mad! Damn!

But then, there are quite a few budget options that are surprisingly good. JVC HARX700 comes to mind, full size cans that have garnered quite a good impression on headfi for a superb price.

KSC75 has lost some of its charm recently with some good budget offerings, but its still right there on top of low budget bang for buck HP. Might not work all that well in an office environment however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back