So I accidentally put my TF10s in the washing machine...
Aug 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

qaid

New Head-Fier
I was looking all over for them too! Thankfully they didn't get in the dryer.
I need to toss the comply tips immediately (but they seem to be glued to the IEM or something though) but do you think my earphones will be okay after they dry?

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 8
I dont know..Im not an expert on putting IEMs in washing machines, and I dont anyone is. Also this is the sort of thing thats extremely case by case basis, maybe yours will sound fine, maybe they wont. Good luck though, they're decent IEMs.

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 8
Cross your fingers and hope for the best 
confused_face.gif

On the offchance that they break; however, you can use that to justify an upgrade. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 6, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #4 of 8
Did that myself recently; my Ety HF5 and iPod Nano went through washer and drier in my pants pocket, inside their hard-shell case. The case kept them dry but the iPod (probably the battery) was killed by the drier heat. The Etys fortunately were totally unaffected except that I had to replace the (silicone triflange) tips, which ended up kind of shrunk.

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #5 of 8
I've done this like 3-4 times accidentally. If you have a dehumidifier, put it in there for a couple of hours. If not, try to dry it out as much as possible, but dont put it out in the sun. Try putting it in front of a fan for a bit. All 4 times after leaving them to dry for a couple of hours, my earphones have been fine. Then they broke 3 weeks later when I was trying to remove my Complys. Oh well.

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #6 of 8
Waited for them to dry overnight, tried them again with new complys.

They seem to work okay....but I feel like they sound different? I'm not sure if I'm imagining it though. Is it possible for earphones to sound different like this or would it be all or nothing? Could be the fact that I have a much tighter seal.

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 8
One of those dessicant hearing aid dryers or give it the rice treatment.  I wouldnt run power through them until they are completely dry..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back