So, How's your Leopard experience?
Feb 20, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #31 of 45
iMacs, for the uninitiated, use laptop CPU's. That's why they are so thin. Full-size HD though.

Feb 21, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #32 of 45
I've been running Leopard on my MacBook Pro since release day, no problems here, and it gave my older Mac a little speed boost! I do wish Time Machine would back up to any network shares, instead of just Mac ones.

Feb 21, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been running Leopard on my MacBook Pro since release day, no problems here, and it gave my older Mac a little speed boost! I do wish Time Machine would back up to any network shares, instead of just Mac ones.

Didn't the recent update fix this?

Feb 21, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't the recent update fix this?

No, there is a terminal "hack" that lets Time Machine see unsupported drives, but I wont trust my backup to anything that may be unsupported.

Feb 21, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #36 of 45
Not a single problem absolutely love leopard. I was skeptical coming from tiger. But it literally blows leopard out of the water.

Feb 21, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to use a mac computer at work today which kind of gets me curious.

You had to use a Mac at work?

Wow, I haven't heard good news like this in over 15 years!

wink.gif

--Chris

Feb 22, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #39 of 45
Leopard is quite nice, especially Spaces and Time Machine which have been life savers for me, since I constantly work with multiple windows. My G4 does run a little slower though, but not enough to cry about it.

Feb 22, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #40 of 45
pcmag seems to like the 10.5.2 update. a lot. Apple OS X 10.5.2 (Leopard) - Reviews by PC Magazine

my favorite features are the small ones - quicklook, the mosaic screensaver, and the dedicated downloads folder (though i made my own in every past version).

i do not like the removal of the bluetooth phone pairing w/address book that allowed you to send text messages from your phone via your computer...there's a company that sells a hack to enable this, but i don't know why apple removed it. still, 10.5.2 fixed a lot of silly things that apple got wrong in the original release.

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #41 of 45
10.5.2 is great.. it shows apple listens to its feedback... gone are the transluscent menu bars!

Apr 11, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #42 of 45
My iBook G4 takes longer to boot, but otherwise I love the changes. The spacebar preview works amazingly for just about any image or video file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back