So how do you like the Zune 80?
Dec 2, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #121 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to ask a quick question, does the Unicode/ Asian Character for the Zune30 hack still work for the Zune80?

Anyone?
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #122 of 177
So I owned the Zune 80 for about 3 hours. I got a case of the electro interference with the hard disk spinning up, reading and spinning down. I heard it with the included headphones where it was just awful and hardly heard it with K701 plugged in. Couldn't exchange since there weren't any units left.

Dec 3, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #124 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you basically saying you can hear the hard drive through the headphones? I've heard that is a common problem, with zune80s.

yep mine has that problem, only between songs so its not that bad..

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #125 of 177
More like the noise the hard drive was creating in the electronics. Once the song was buffered and the hard disk spun down you can't hear any noise. I'll get another one tomorrow and see what happens. I also didn't want the unit I tried because there was one dead pixel and one lazy pixel. If the new unit I get has the same issue I'll pass on the Zune until MS acknowledges and fixes the problem.

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #126 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to ask a quick question, does the Unicode/ Asian Character for the Zune30 hack still work for the Zune80?

yeah, it works. Go to Zune Boards - Home. Search for the hack on the forums Hacks section.

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #127 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by LQQK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make sure the dock is square for the 80, I was told the round ones aren't compatible...

This is hearsay and not confirmed...But I would be sure to ask first.

LQQK

The old dock (round one) works with the new Zune (Zune 80, Zune4/8).

Just remove the cover.
Zune Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves or Got Zune have small guide on how to remove it. It is easy.

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #129 of 177
On my way to making a 2 Zune family....Circuit City had some in....paid, ready for instore pickup
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #130 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by nghiasays /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got another Zune and it doesn't have the hard disk noise issue.

Good to hear this one is ok. My zune30 is fine, never hear the harddisk. Some ipod users claim the same thing and move to flash based models.

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #132 of 177
Zune came in today. So far, a few software crashes, but otherwise, fantastic DAP. When hooked to the PK1s and the MiniboxE+, it sounds great. But now I have to rerip some marginal cuts that didn't sound so bad on my ZVM. Always something to do. And no HDD spinning sound that I can hear. Oh, it also is a great match with the Atrio M5s, using the bi-flanges. Good synergy. No ned for EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back