So how do you like the Zune 80?
Dec 2, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #106 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mojolo: I purchased it around midnight at Walmart (only place open within 100 miles, LOL). They didn't give me any trouble returning it.

Norman Hunter: The Zune 80's sound has been "tweaked" by Microsoft. This is one of the reasons they give when asked about the lack of EQ. I haven't personally listened to the Zune 30, so I can't give a direct comparison, but judging from things I've read it is a little bit different. (Also, for those who don't know, the Zune 30 DOES have EQ strangely enough.)

sayonara Zune 8Gb. returned to CC with no restocking fee. i really liked the player too....too bad for the SW.
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #108 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, you have Chevelle on there, I freaking love you.

So is there not even the acoustic/classical/rock presets on the 80 like there were on the 30?

smily_headphones1.gif

Chevelle rules.

And nope, not presets at all, no EQ at all. I love the way it sounds even through my dinky little PX100s though, I just wish I'd hurry up and convince myself to get some SR225s to test it out with.

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #109 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfindon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Chevelle rules.

And nope, not presets at all, no EQ at all. I love the way it sounds even through my dinky little PX100s though, I just wish I'd hurry up and convince myself to get some SR225s to test it out with.

Aw. Well I really liked the acoustic setting on the 30, does the 80 have enough bass?

Dec 2, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #110 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using the 2nd gen Microsoft Home A/V pack. The volume still works when docked, I put it to maximum as this will yields the best dynamic range and signal to noise ratio. The dock is somewhat pricey at $99, but does add useful functionality. On a semi-related note, if anyone uses the Logitech Harmony series of remotes, these work well with the Zune Dock. Also, the ac adapter has a USB socket and can be used to charge any device that charges from USB.

Not sure if this is posted in the thread, but Amazon has the home AV kit, with dock, remote, AV cable and AC adapter, for $66. Save $33 by not buying from Zune site.

Dec 2, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #112 of 177
I think I have read the whole thread - some questions I didn't see answered:

Best accessories for the Zune?
1-case?
2-dock - people seem to recommend
3-anything else?

Any comparison of sound with the IRiver H320 340? I think it is close but the iriver sounds a bit better. Zune wins in every other way (except IRiver was drag and drop).

Dec 2, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #113 of 177
From Zune Boards - Home

Mac Site Says Zune to Outdo iPod

Written by ACE
Sunday, 14 October 2007
Boy, you don’t see this everyday! A surprising article came out on AppleMatters.com in which Tanner Godarzi boldly makes the statement “Why The Zune Will Outdo The iPod,” and is ticking off a ton of iFanbois. Godarzi makes some interesting observations; the most prominent is that the Zune is simply consumer friendly hardware.

Perhaps this is old news around here.

Dec 2, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #114 of 177
No wonder its so cheap. Amazon does not specify which Zune it works with, and the one on the Zune site does have a square dock. This will suck if I have to return it, but I sure will. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow to make sure it works with the 80 (which will get here then). Glad I kept the original box, etc. Wonder why Amazon doesn't have the newer AV pack in stock? Seems odd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LQQK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make sure the dock is square for the 80, I was told the round ones aren't compatible...

This is hearsay and not confirmed...But I would be sure to ask first.

LQQK

Dec 2, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #116 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No wonder its so cheap. Amazon does not specify which Zune it works with, and the one on the Zune site does have a square dock. This will suck if I have to return it, but I sure will. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow to make sure it works with the 80 (which will get here then). Glad I kept the original box, etc. Wonder why Amazon doesn't have the newer AV pack in stock? Seems odd.

I think they do sell the right version.

Also look for a V2 or 2 in the description,,,This is from memory and I may be wrong.

LQQK

Dec 2, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #118 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I have read the whole thread - some questions I didn't see answered:

Best accessories for the Zune?
1-case?
2-dock - people seem to recommend
3-anything else?

1-I'm looking at the Carmel: Zune.net | Product Detail - Incipio Wallet Case for Zune 80GB (Caramel)

2- I bought this for travel: Monster Cable -- Monster® SlimCharger™ Designed for Zune™

3-Obviously....Trash or sell the stock 'Zune Premium Headphones'
Zune.net | Product Detail - Zune Premium Headphones

LQQK

Dec 2, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #119 of 177
somebody over at slickdeals.net has confirmed that the old round Zune dock works the new Zunes.

physically, the connector is the same so any Zune can plug into it. (at least, this is what was reported)

however, the old Zune dock does not come with any adapters to make the new Zunes fit snugly into the cradle. you will probably have to rig something to make them fit snugly.

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #120 of 177
I'm just going to send back the older AV kit (which was $69) and get the new one, which is $78, so only $9 more on Amazon. Since I have the free 2-day shipping (Amazon Prime), worth getting the newer one, I think. No messing with fit in the dock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back