So Flash Players
Jan 17, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #16 of 23
iAudio U2/G3/5/U3 are drag and drop. The X5 is too, in fact I think all Cowon players are.

The Shuffle has no screen which, I feel, is a somewhat bigger problem than one might expect at first.

Jan 18, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
The Shuffle has no screen which, I feel, is a somewhat bigger problem than one might expect at first.

Its like listening to a radio station where you like all the songs. If that doesn't appeal to you then sure, you'll hate it. They are so cheap you can get one to use when you feel like that kinda listening. I think most Shuffle owners, have some other form of DAP or portable player.

Jan 18, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
sup guys long time no head-fi, i needed a break when i started adding up the costs of the stuff i wanted.

anways i really need a flash player, since i dont like carrying my H340 to the corner store or wherever...

so i was thinking of the creative zen Nano plus 1GB. good sound good battery life. just wanna know if you guys have any better flash players out there... since ive been out of the audio game for months...

If money is no object, the iRiver U10; best flash player I have ever used. Other than the U10, the ipod nano, is a good choice.

Jan 18, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

ooo is that the one that can watch videos?

Yup. I don't know that I'd want to watch an entire movie on it, but it's a nice touch for the relatively low price (the screen is small but looks really great). I've heard horror stories about the iPod nano's SQ... but I've not listened to one myself. Anyway, if you're interested in the U3, newegg is selling it at a pretty competitive price.

-Angler
580smile.gif

Jan 18, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #20 of 23
hehe i dont need video, i got my H340 for that, but like i said just ned it for riding my Downhill bike, skating, walking around and things of that nature...

Jan 18, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

hehe i dont need video, i got my H340 for that, but like i said just ned it for riding my Downhill bike, skating, walking around and things of that nature...

Well, you could always check out the MX7000. It's pricy in the US, but is supposed to be pretty rugged.

-Angler
580smile.gif

Jan 18, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #23 of 23
Let me second the recommendation for the G3. The little thing certainly sounds great (I didn't expect a Sigmatel codec/SoC to do that - STMP3520 inside), it'll drive *any* of my cans to at least sufficient volume (including the old 600 ohm 94 dB/mW HD420SL, which I happen to like most on it...), batteries seem to last somewhat more than a week with 2...3 hours of daily use (I'll be going to NiMHs), operation is straightforward (you can swap the functions of pressing and holding the joystick, which I'd recommend to do), including putting stuff into it (USB mass storage device with folder structure), it's built solidly and comes with a useful clear case. FM isn't quite as sensitive as I'd like and seems to drain the battery more than MP3 operation, but selectivity is easily sufficient and sound is good. (You can also prepare station lists with names at the computer, the format of the RADIO.INI file is simple.) I'm not using voice recording (not that sensitive, apparently fixable with a dentist drill or such) or line-in encoding (up to 128k MP3 only, so not that useful). Boot time is about 8 seconds. The supplied earbuds aren't great, but that's normal anyway. Oh, and if you intend to upgrade the firmware, best do that right after you got the thing, as this'll require an upgrade in recovery mode (erases all data) if the player ships with older firmware than 1.30. (The current f/w is 1.51e.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back