So, did you go up or down today?
Feb 28, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #17 of 31
my weights up by 0.2 Kg.
blink.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #19 of 31
Dipped a little, no big deal. I've been investing for 20+ years, and the market has been very good in the long term. I'm a "buy and hold" kinda guy, and the corrections (if that's what they are) haven't shaken me yet.

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #21 of 31
Lost over $100K USD, less than a proportional share of my retirement "nest egg"...glad it wasn't more. Talked with my financial crew - they assure me they are positioned to more than recover - I slept well.

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought a Michael Crichton novel today, and an awesome milkshake, so i'm out about 10 bucks.

mmmm milkshakes...

thinking about milkshakes my morale went up

Mar 2, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #24 of 31
I must have lost another $100+ USD in my equities today as well. I'm too depressed to even think about looking up my losses on Fidelity this weekend. I know it's only money, but this is my retirement fund or what's left of it.

To do: switch from high expense ratio Fidelity mutual funds to low cost higher performing index funds. Fortunately, Money magazine, Barrons, and Quicken along with Morningstar will help. It's got to happen after April 15th, 2007, tax day, so I don't incur even more tax penalties like capital gains or the dreaded AMT.

frown.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #25 of 31
urgh....this week has not been good at all
frown.gif
frown.gif
Since I'm young, most my savings are in stock funds. Down $20k this week. Guess this is to make up for all the gains we were having earlier. Why does this market have to fix itself??!!!
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My G.P.A. went down today. Does that count?

mhm x2

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must have lost another $100+ USD in my equities today as well. I'm too depressed to even think about looking up my losses on Fidelity this weekend. I know it's only money, but this is my retirement fund or what's left of it.

Why?
confused.gif

A hundred dollars isn't much money at all, even in a minimum wage job it's less than two days' salary. Frankly, if you're losing sleep over a couple hundred dollars the stock market is not for you.

Me? I've been making a fortune lately in oil & gasoline futures especially in the last couple weeks, and before that I was doing quite well in natural gas futures.

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lost over $100K USD, less than a proportional share of my retirement "nest egg"...glad it wasn't more. Talked with my financial crew - they assure me they are positioned to more than recover - I slept well.

over 100k? are you diversified at all? i have a sizeable kitty too..but 100k for a week suggests to me the need for diversification...unless you have 10 mill in assets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back