So Cal - Ultimate Ears Factory Tour! 6/10/05
May 31, 2005 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

BRBJackson

Headphoneus Supremus
The UE factory tour is less than 2 weeks away, and I thought I'd move this thread over to the appropriate planning forum, with JB's blessing.

------------------------------------- EDIT FROM ORIGINAL

Friday, June 10 at 3:00pm.

Address:
Ultimate Ears
5 Jenner Street, Suite 100
Irvine, CA

They'll have a huge selection of their products available for listening, an audiologist to take impressions, and pizza and beer for the troops. He set the upper limit at 100, and will take small groups of about twelve at a time through a guided tour.

Attendee List (last updated June 7th).
(PLEASE CONFIRM IN THIS THREAD)

JB. CONFIRMED
shineman CONFIRMED
LFF CONFIRMED
rx7_fan CONFIRMED
ElChupahueso
Jasper994 CONFIRMED
BRBJackson CONFIRMED
foo_me CONFIRMED
PhilS CONFIRMED
Manveer
ChOmp
aiko
randytsuch CONFIRMED
icarusflu
daba
Escher
ODEKK
Father Schu CONFIRMED
ringleader CONFIRMED
Jeff Guidry
Edwood CONFIRMED
petery83 CONFIRMED
Jetlag CONFIRMED
crazyfrenchman27 CONFIRMED

The “Maybe’s”
Bolt San
PTheD
oneeyedhobbit
phong
NeilPeart
Borat
memoryblues
brianknewbie

----------------------------------------- END EDIT

PLEASE post up to confirm that you are planning on being there, or if your name isn't on the list. From that, JB will be able to give Mike at UE a best guess of attendance.

Also, there is the possibility of an after tour get-together at my house in Long Beach. We need to respect UE's hospitality by not bringing a bunch of competitive headphone gear to their factory, so this would be an opportunity to whip out your Jecklin Floats with the in-ear mods
Jecklin.jpg
. I'd have to limit this to 20 people due to space constraints, so please post up here if you would like to attend this as well. Also include the gear (sources, amps, cans, cables) you'd be bringing. Power is at a premium, so if you need 480VAC 15kW pure sinewave regulated to run your CD transport, bring your own generator
eggosmile.gif

May 31, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 66
I may attend this meet. I live in San Jose, but I like driving and this would be a great opportunity to check out UE's gear. It'll be a long drive, but a fun one. I'd be willing to take one other Bay Area Head-Fi Crazy along for the trip.
cool.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 10:23 AM Post #8 of 66
The gear I can bring will not be able to be battery powered, but It will all fit in one or two small bags I can carry with me.

Possibly bringing:

Grace m902 (amp and dac in one.)
Bel Canto DAC2+ (maybe)
Allesandro MS-2
Battery Powered Pimeta
Laptop Computer with Foobar

Definitely Bringing:

Etymotics ER-4S (x2)

I am just arriving back in LA the day before, so I may not feel like lugging a lot of stuff around. We'll see.

-Ed

Jun 1, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #9 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
I may attend this meet. I live in San Jose, but I like driving and this would be a great opportunity to check out UE's gear. It'll be a long drive, but a fun one. I'd be willing to take one other Bay Area Head-Fi Crazy along for the trip.
cool.gif

I'll ask my wife, but you guys can crash at my place if you'd like.

-Ed

Jun 1, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #10 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

-Ed

Ditto for me if Ed's wife says 'no', or if more accommodations are needed. We've got a guest room, plus a sofa downstairs.

Oh, and I wasn't saying that we didn't have power at the house, just that as with all residences, it's limited. Sorry for the confusion.

Jun 1, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #11 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

-Ed

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Ditto for me if Ed's wife says 'no', or if more accommodations are needed. We've got a guest room, plus a sofa downstairs.

Thanks, guys. I still have to work some things out, but I'll keep in touch regarding the progress. I'm still 50/50 at this point, however.
cool.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #12 of 66
a "?" after my name?

I haven't slept in days in anticipation of this!
I'm planning on camping out in the parking lot the night before and then performing the "Ultimate Ears" rap that I wrote for the employees as they arrive to work in the morning.
So far I've got a costume put together that's a 12 foot-tall replica of a custom ear-mold made of foam-rubber. Just before the event, I'll be standing near the 405 off-ramp with a big sign in the shape of an arrow, doing a modern dance that incorporates the sign and that symbolizes the various stages of my headphone journey to that point. I haven't yet been able to locate a monkey (or an audiologist willing to take molds for the monkey) but suffice to say that I've got BIG plans . . .

Jun 1, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #13 of 66
Im interested in going if someone from LA is willing to carpool and drive us there.

Jun 1, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #14 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB.
a "?" after my name?

I haven't slept in days in anticipation of this!
I'm planning on camping out in the parking lot the night before and then performing the "Ultimate Ears" rap that I wrote for the employees as they arrive to work in the morning.
So far I've got a costume put together that's a 12 foot-tall replica of a custom ear-mold made of foam-rubber. Just before the event, I'll be standing near the 405 off-ramp with a big sign in the shape of an arrow, doing a modern dance that incorporates the sign and that symbolizes the various stages of my headphone journey to that point. I haven't yet been able to locate a monkey (or an audiologist willing to take molds for the monkey) but suffice to say that I've got BIG plans . . .

I'm now very afraid, but the '?' has been removed, JB.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back