Snow Leopard and E-MU 0404 USB compatibility?
Sep 10, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 11
bump.. any updates on compatibility?

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 11
If you upgrade a machine with a working 0404, it works. Snow Leopard wants to install Rosetta to run the 0404 control panel, though, and I haven't done that (you can still change bitrate in Audio Midi setup).

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 11
Excellent, thanks for the info.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 11
Doesn't work unless you boot Snow Leopard in 32bit (which is the default, but still). If you wish to use Snow Leopard in 64bit (why wouldn't you?), the Emu 0404 USB will not work
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #8 of 11
I have to say a big thank you to this group. I have been tearing my hair out looking for a solution to my problem with my E-MU 0404 USB. It was working fine with my MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo (Early 2008) and then I sold the MBP and purchased the MacBook Pro 15" quad core 2.2GHz. Both machines are running Snow Leopard (10.6.6).

I tried every ASIO driver I could find because my audio was gone and only MIDI worked. I tried using Leopard OS, I tried installing Cubase AFTER installing the E-MU drivers.

Finally, I see this post about 32-bit v 64-bit and I realize that the new MBP's come with the OS Kernel and extensions defaulting to 64-bit unlike the MBP with a Core 2 Duo which comes with 32-bit as the default. YEAH! All I had to do was hold down the 3 and 2 keys when I rebooted and I came up in 32-bit Kernel mode and the drivers worked once more.(Thanks Hakeron)

Thank you guys, I'm back recording now using the Beta version of the E-MU driver for Snow Leopard which is working just great. I was about to go out and buy a PreSonus AudioBox USB to replace the 0404 I was getting that desperate.

I wanted to get more horsepower for VST instruments in Cubase and multiple tracks of course so I bought the quad core MBP for portability, stuck an Intel 120GB SSD ($169 on Buy.com) in the optical bay for the SL OS and brought up RAM to 8GB and replaced the drive with 7200 RPM drive. I partitioned the drive so that I could put Ivory samples on one partition and media data on the other (iTunes, iPhoto, Moves) - works great! I put my finger on that Yamaha controller and I get instant Steinway 10ft grand or any of the other Ivory pianos - WOW! Now we're talking.

Thank a million to you all.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
I have to say a big thank you to this group. I have been tearing my hair out looking for a solution to my problem with my E-MU 0404 USB. It was working fine with my MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo (Early 2008) and then I sold the MBP and purchased the MacBook Pro 15" quad core 2.2GHz. Both machines are running Snow Leopard (10.6.6).

I tried every ASIO driver I could find because my audio was gone and only MIDI worked. I tried using Leopard OS, I tried installing Cubase AFTER installing the E-MU drivers.

Finally, I see this post about 32-bit v 64-bit and I realize that the new MBP's come with the OS Kernel and extensions defaulting to 64-bit unlike the MBP with a Core 2 Duo which comes with 32-bit as the default. YEAH! All I had to do was hold down the 3 and 2 keys when I rebooted and I came up in 32-bit Kernel mode and the drivers worked once more.(Thanks Hakeron)

Thank you guys, I'm back recording now using the Beta version of the E-MU driver for Snow Leopard which is working just great. I was about to go out and buy a PreSonus AudioBox USB to replace the 0404 I was getting that desperate.

I wanted to get more horsepower for VST instruments in Cubase and multiple tracks of course so I bought the quad core MBP for portability, stuck an Intel 120GB SSD ($169 on Buy.com) in the optical bay for the SL OS and brought up RAM to 8GB and replaced the drive with 7200 RPM drive. I partitioned the drive so that I could put Ivory samples on one partition and media data on the other (iTunes, iPhoto, Moves) - works great! I put my finger on that Yamaha controller and I get instant Steinway 10ft grand or any of the other Ivory pianos - WOW! Now we're talking.

Thank a million to you all.

Glad you got it working :) - Amazing how in 3 years, Creative still can't make a working 64-bit version of the driver - it's not like this is a cheap item :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back