Snake oil VS newb ears
Jun 23, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #76 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I smell ppl who can't accept hearing different hi-end cables and high frequency sound.....

If you want check your results with a hearing-test:

http://http://www.digital-recordings.com/hearing-test/www-ht-pro/ht_help_p.html

I have my computer near me so not having quiet room ... but give an idea ... low and highs frequency .. you are less sensitive to that. We hear but at high SPL.
testauditif.JPG

Depending what headphone you using .. will differ. I was using HD650 + equinox cable.

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #77 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given that those test tones range from 20Hz to 20kHz, how did you conclude that you can hear up to 25kHz?

With 44.1 you can test much more 17 khz in highs frequency.
You need 96 khz to have something trustable to 18 to 20 khz ...

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #79 of 127
pompon, I personally agree upon that concepts since all we can hear is about frequency and matching volume to make sound good or bad. Thanks for the link. It appears my ears can start hearing full frequency range before its original plot (I set the aural calibration to barely hearable level).

P.S. I personally found it amusing when someone who can't hear different between cable trying to make a law from in-class science way. (Eventhough manual test can't be confirmed for this cyber world since I can't dig up wikipedia for false proofs)

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #80 of 127
For Ringtones & hot real tones @ ultrasonic ringtones

It's impossible to hear above 22.1khz with mp3 format. It'll just cut all frequency above that range to dead silent sound. I can barely hear 21.1khz but barely silent like whink whink. I can't hear 22.4 since it's above 22.1 range.

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #81 of 127
WHAT? I can't hear anything below 50Khz...did you say something? The x-rays are really loud in here...

Jun 23, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #82 of 127
Some believe connectors make difference but not for cable.....ha ha ha...nice joke.

Jun 24, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #83 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHAT? I can't hear anything below 50Khz...did you say something? The x-rays are really loud in here...

Once again, totally different spectrum. 50khz is classified as ultrasound. X-rays are apart of the electromagnetic spectrum, which is completely different.

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #84 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once again, totally different spectrum. 50khz is classified as ultrasound. X-rays are apart of the electromagnetic spectrum, which is completely different.

Damn, this green tastes deafening...does this smell like rough to you?

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #85 of 127
Quote:

Some believe connectors make difference but not for cable.....ha ha ha...nice joke.

Some people believe they can reliably hear 25kHz.

Ha ha ha. Nice joke.

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #86 of 127
Why are people even talking to this guy still? He's so clueless that he doesn't even know it . . . and refuses to believe anything that doesn't fit his his completely unscientific "feelings" about the subject.

You're arguing calculus with someone who doesn't yet understand basic multiplication.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #87 of 127
I demand all the great scientists here showing me an example for how to prove your hearing here. So I can follow the rule that would make you guys pleasure to believe. Cmon, show it you mad wiki scientist. Can't show? Then don't BS me asking for something impossible. It's all BS snake oil for you guys anyway. (I think you couldn't differentiate between stock mini cable and $150 mini cable too, right?)

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #89 of 127
Quote:

It's impossible to hear above 22.1khz with mp3 format. It'll just cut all frequency above that range to dead silent sound

It's impossible for any digital audio using a 44.1kHz sampling rate to reproduce sounds above 22.05 kHz.

Similarly, it's impossible for digital audio using a 48kHz sampling rate to reproduce sounds above 24kHz.

That is why I keep asking you to provide a link to the sound files that you allegedly used to confirm your superhuman hearing. Since refuse to do so, I call fraud.

Quote:

I demand all the great scientists here showing me an example for how to prove your hearing here.

1. Go to an audiologist.

2. Have a real hearing test conducted.

3. Scan the resulting audiogram.

4. Post it here.

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #90 of 127
Quote:

I demand all the great scientists here showing me an example for how to prove your hearing here. So I can follow the rule that would make you guys pleasure to believe. Cmon, show it you mad wiki scientist. Can't show? Then don't BS me asking for something impossible. It's all BS snake oil for you guys anyway. (I think you couldn't differentiate between stock mini cable and $150 mini cable too, right?)

What a convenient argument. Accuse people of having bad hearing because they can't hear something that can't be shown to be there at all.

To answer your question, there isn't much of a way to do that accurately at home, so I defer to Febs' response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back