Smyth SVS Realiser Virtual Surround Technology for Headphones
Dec 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #332 of 334
Hi, I re-discovered this forum a couple of days ago.  I first found out about the Smyth SVS some years ago from the Widescreen Review article.  It immediately captured my interest because it can be used to virtually "duplicate" any audio system in their environment.  I remembered I immediately began to fantasize in "duplicating" a friend's ultra hi-end audio system in his HUGE listening room, extensively treated with various types of RPG acoustic panels.  I followed the forum for a short time then wandered off because the Smyth system didn't become a finished product for a long time and its rumored high price of several thousand dollars was beyond my reach. 

Recently I am rethinking the possibility of getting a unit, again thinking the high cost is worth it if I can replicate a hi-end audio system virtually.  Of course, having just re-discovered this forum, I've only read a very small number of posts; I'm curious are there many people who have actually replicated hi-end audio system/rooms and what are their impressions.  I am really looking forward to reading comments from these folks.

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #333 of 334

Quote:
Hi, I re-discovered this forum a couple of days ago.

Recently I am rethinking the possibility of getting a unit, again thinking the high cost is worth it if I can replicate a hi-end audio system virtually.  Of course, having just re-discovered this forum, I've only read a very small number of posts; I'm curious are there many people who have actually replicated hi-end audio system/rooms and what are their impressions.  I am really looking forward to reading comments from these folks.

This thread is not the one where the "many people" who've acquired the Realiser over the past 2 1/2 years are actively carrying on discussions and insights.  There is a second thread which contains what you're looking for.

You should forget about this thread, and go over to the other thread... and begin reading the past few years worth of comments.  I'm sure all of your questions will be answered there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back