SMSL SP200 THX AAA 888 Balanced AMP!
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #663 of 1,171
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #664 of 1,171
Beautiful!

Thanks bro!

Your's should be delivered probably by tomorrow I'm guessing, since you ordered yours a day later. I can't wait to see your pics of your new golden volume knob on your SP200!!! :L3000:

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #665 of 1,171
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #667 of 1,171
Actually it is black.

I don't care if its rainbow color, I still want to see it on there lol. The only thing with the color of black, is it requires more light for the camera to pick it up well, but I just know its gonna look good on there DMDM!

Ya, I thought I should post the links to all the color of knobs that CJ sells, just incase. Hope you like the silver, although, I am sure the black and golden knobs will look best on the SMSL SP200. :wink: But I am still curious to see how the silver does look on it though.

I gotta tell ya, when that golden knob came in the mail, and I got that knob installed and looked at that thing, it really brightened up my day. I haven't been doing well. Between lack of sleep issues causing physical stress, then there is this whole business with both covid-19, and all the other major issues happening in our country that just has had be utterly depressed. Crazy times we live in. But I'm feeling better now. Its funny how a 2-dollar part can do so much, but its true lol.

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #669 of 1,171
I don't care if its rainbow color, I still want to see it on there lol. The only thing with the color of black, is it requires more light for the camera to pick it up well, but I just know its gonna look good on there DMDM!

Ya, I thought I should post the links to all the color of knobs that CJ sells, just incase. Hope you like the silver, although, I am sure the black and golden knobs will look best on the SMSL SP200. :wink: But I am still curious to see how the silver does look on it though.

I gotta tell ya, when that golden knob came in the mail, and I got that knob installed and looked at that thing, it really brightened up my day. I haven't been doing well. Between lack of sleep issues causing physical stress, then there is this whole business with both covid-19, and all the other major issues happening in our country that just has had be utterly depressed. Crazy times we live in. But I'm feeling better now. Its funny how a 2-dollar part can do so much, but its true lol.
I'm still waiting on the volume knob, but I'll take a pic as soon as it's on there.

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #670 of 1,171
I'm still waiting on the volume knob, but I'll take a pic as soon as it's on there.

I was wondering where you been lol. Looks like shipping is slow for you guys over there. I bought a RapcoHorizon 10 foot 1/8 to 1/4 TRS AUX cable from Front End Audio, took them a few days to custom make the cable and ship it out to me. Its coming Fedex, and practically as quickly as it shipped out, Fedex was rescheduling the delivery date. I chose ground shipping cause 2-day was like freaking 20-bucks, nobody sane is gonna pay that to ship out a cable, so ground was like 11 bucks, so its gonna take a good solid week more to get here. I understand bro, the wait it real lol.

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #671 of 1,171
Did somone played around with the sound color modes ?

Zeos sayed the sc3 sound warm and smooth is that right. i have alot of bright sounding gear that could benefit from that

Jun 11, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #672 of 1,171
better a 325e grado or an rs2 with sp200?

Probably the RS2e. The SR325e is a pretty bright headphone (my first Grado) and the SP200 will bring that out strongly. I don't like the SP200 with bright/brightish headphones. I have never heard the RS2e's but have heard lots of nice things about them. I went from the SR325e's to the GH2's.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #673 of 1,171
Probably the RS2e. The SR325e is a pretty bright headphone (my first Grado) and the SP200 will bring that out strongly. I don't like the SP200 with bright/brightish headphones. I have never heard the the RS2e's but have heard lots of nice things about them. I went from the SR325e's to the GH2's.

The thing about the SP200, is that after it reduces noise floor, it does straight up amplification. Unlike tube amps which color the sound and provide a warm tone, which is why people like them for bright sounding headphones, the SP200 amplifies those high frequencies with no coloring. If you have a warm sounding headphone, like most closed backs, the SP200 will usually be a perfect match, unless you have a 600-OHM headphone, then your gonna need a bigger amp lol.

Jun 11, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #674 of 1,171
The thing about the SP200, is that after it reduces noise floor, it does straight up amplification. Unlike tube amps which color the sound and provide a warm tone, which is why people like them for bright sounding headphones, the SP200 amplifies those high frequencies with no coloring. If you have a warm sounding headphone, like most closed backs, the SP200 will usually be a perfect match, unless you have a 600-OHM headphone, then your gonna need a bigger amp lol.

Doesn't really work for me. I pulled it out of my rotation yesterday in my latest "redesign". It will be going up for sale. As the saying goes, we all hear differently. It's funny that I usually fall in and out of love with amps. I never loved this one, but I always respected it due to the measurements. I guess I am just not the analytical type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back