SMSL SP200 THX AAA 888 Balanced AMP!
Nov 11, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #18 of 1,170
Nov 15, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #19 of 1,170
I ordered mine late on 11.11 and it just shipped. I had to use AliExpress, but still bought from Shenzhen Audio. Now it is just waiting and waiting and waiting...

For all you that have received them please feel free to describe your experiences and thoughts on your new toy. Maybe compare it to other amps you own?
I am hoping to use it as a replacement for my Burson Fun-Classic.

Shane D

Nov 16, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #21 of 1,170
I ordered one a few hours ago and I'm really looking forward to hearing how good it is compared to my main amp I use in the JDS Labs EL amp. I'm hoping it's as clear and clean sounding I'm expecting it to be. I also had to get a 4 pin XLR adapter for my 4.4mm cables since that's what I use with all my headphones. I really hope more companies start making amps with 4.4mm inputs because to me that's the best balanced connection.

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #23 of 1,170
I ordered one a few hours ago and I'm really looking forward to hearing how good it is compared to my main amp I use in the JDS Labs EL amp. I'm hoping it's as clear and clean sounding I'm expecting it to be. I also had to get a 4 pin XLR adapter for my 4.4mm cables since that's what I use with all my headphones. I really hope more companies start making amps with 4.4mm inputs because to me that's the best balanced connection.
I hope to know your impressions soon :L3000:

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #26 of 1,170

Great deal for a new member! $20.00 off and then 10% off for new customers. I got mine for $249.00 from Shenzhen Audio on 11.11via AliExpress. Will be arriving this week.

I am definitely done shopping for quite a while. This and the Koss E95X within a week of each other puts me on the sidelines long term.:slight_frown:

Shane D

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #27 of 1,170
Great deal for a new member! $20.00 off and then 10% off for new customers. I got mine for $249.00 from Shenzhen Audio on 11.11via AliExpress. Will be arriving this week.

I am definitely done shopping for quite a while. This and the Koss E95X within a week of each other puts me on the sidelines long term.:slight_frown:

Shane D
I had just bought it from Shenzhen audio a few hours ago .. . I think I’ll be getting mine before end of the month . I think they new how popular the 789 was and have anticipated the demand for the 888 . Seems to be in stock everywhere.

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #28 of 1,170
I had just bought it from Shenzhen audio a few hours ago .. . I think I’ll be getting mine before end of the month . I think they new how popular the 789 was and have anticipated the demand for the 888 . Seems to be in stock everywhere.

You'd think so. I waited for 11.11, but Shenzhen Audio didn't post the sale price until I went to bed. They are about 13 hours ahead of me. I logged in when I woke up and no sale.:anguished:
I wrote Shenzhen and they referred me to their AliExpress site and I bought there. I waited a few days and it still hadn't shipped. Website stated it wouldn't ship for another four days. I started to cancel the order and they shipped immediately. Scheduled for a Wednesday delivery, which I changed to Thursday.

Now just waiting.

Wandering badly off topic, I got the Koss Electrostatic system from MassDrop yesterday. Very different and very cool. Using it with a Schiit Loki today.

Shane D

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #29 of 1,170
Side note, the un-boxlike shape of the amp drives me kind of insane. Found a way to trick my eyes by placing it directly under my monitor.

I don't have one of these, but want one. And I'd want it slightly more if it wasn't ... what is that, a parallelogram? Trapezoid? Geometry class was so long ago...

Thank you for your thoughts - we really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back