SMSL DO200
Feb 18, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #16 of 30
Have had to return mine... 2 main issues.

USB too much noise. Never had issue with USB noise issue on any DAC but with DO200, I am constantly hearing tick tick sound while playing the music. This is same cable and same port on my PC and not sure why but have had so much issue. Uninstall driver and all that didn't help...

2nd issue was with I2S. When changing the input to I2S, only right chanel has sound and no sound was coming from left chanel at all. Once you turn if off and turn it back on, then i have not had any issue at all. This only happened when you change inptu after device is turned on. Suspect that I am using non-default I2S pinout setting on the device could be the cause?

Seller will test once they receive it and let me know but hopefully I received dodge unit...
It seems like a malfunctioning unit.
The USB input is dead silent and the I2S is playing music seamlessly.
The only issue with I2S is that sometimes I don't get the sampling rate displayed.

Feb 19, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 30
It seems like a malfunctioning unit.
The USB input is dead silent and the I2S is playing music seamlessly.
The only issue with I2S is that sometimes I don't get the sampling rate displayed.
Yeah it was purchased from Aoshida via Amazon, and they confirmed that testing with other unit, they couldn't find same fault. Will await and see what they find with returned unit.

Hmm never actually checked the sampling rate on I2S input, actually never checked sampling rate.... so not sure if my unit had the same issue....

Mar 3, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #18 of 30
Howdy, Music Lovers!

I want to share with you my latest video review, this time about an entry-level Class D Stereo Speaker Amplifier, the AO200 from SMSL and AOSHIDA!!

As it doesn't have its own thread, I thought it would come in handy posting here, will remove if folks want to keep the discussion focused on DO200 instead

Mar 31, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 30
Anyone know how this compared to su9? I just got ho200 and su9. Sounds great, but do200 has 9068 vs 9038 dac chip. Only about 40 more. Stick with su9 or go do200? Running hifiman xs

Apr 2, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #20 of 30
Anyone know how this compared to su9? I just got ho200 and su9. Sounds great, but do200 has 9068 vs 9038 dac chip. Only about 40 more. Stick with su9 or go do200? Running hifiman xs
Guess not much going on here. Any insights? This obviously outperforms the Zen DAC I did have, though bass boost was nice.

May 19, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #21 of 30
In case anyone is wondering, the DO200 does compare positively to Su-9. I returned the Su 9 and kept the DO200, which is more detailed and sounds better with tidal. By better I mean overall resolution and clarity. I couldn't do much A/B because of plugging and unplugging, but it is the superior device.

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #25 of 30
Today we check out the DO200 MKii on Headfonia
Article here:

https://www.headfonia.com/smsl-do200-mkii-review/

chrome_2022-12-08_08-39-55.png

Jan 16, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #26 of 30
can smsl do200 tell you whether the rca or xlr line output should be active, or whether both are active continuously? If possible, which button on your remote control? or in the menu on the display?

Jan 16, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #27 of 30
Hit the knobs on the unit, and go to output using the knob by turning it once in the menu. Press it to select xlr or rca or both

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #28 of 30
can smsl do200 tell you whether the rca or xlr line output should be active, or whether both are active continuously? If possible, which button on your remote control? or in the menu on the display?
It's a switchable option in the menus: RCA, XLR, or both

Sep 4, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #29 of 30
Last several days, my DO200 mk2 has been exhibiting intermittent stuttering and distortion when using Bluetooth as a source. I don't think it's my (Android) phone that's the problem because when I switch to using my Aiyima T10 as DAC source the problem disappears.

I've tried clearing Bluetooth cache on my android phone but the problem persists. Any troubleshooting tips or other ideas? Maybe flash the DO200 to the latest firmware? The unit has been working flawlessly for 8-9 months until this problem popped up.

Sep 12, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #30 of 30
Replying to myself as a PSA...

Aoshida support recommended I try:
  1. Forgetting the existing Bluetooth connection on my phone
  2. Performing a factory reset on the DO200
  3. Reconnecting the phone to the DAC
Initially the results were good - no stuttering over extended listening periods, but after some time it did return as very short half-second bursts of distortion.

Aoshida seems to be doing the right thing at least: they've provided me with a return address (in my own country! No need to ship to China) and promise they will send a replacement unit.

*edit* Replacement unit arrived yesterday and all is good. I have to say, given the hit-and-miss reputation of ChiFi manufacturers and online storefronts when it comes to customer service, I wasn't sure how this would play out. But I'm generally satisfied with Aoshida on this one: they were responsive, didn't make me jump through any ridiculous hoops, and I got to a resolution quickly.

The only part that's less than ideal is that I had to pay out of my own pocket to ship the old unit back. I've asked if they're willing to give me a discount code or Amazon credit to make up for it but no reply as yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back