"Smooth Highs" -No thanks
Jan 12, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, thanks. is DIY a make/manufacturer? :p

That's just a short for "Do It Yourself"
Quote:

Looks like my safest bet are these DT880 phones, i take it they would need an amp to be driven, would this need to be a very serious amp that would kill my wallet?

I'd upgrade source/amp first. You'll have to anyway, why not begin with? Probably Dr.DAC 2 would suit. It's an external USB soundcard/headamp combo, costs about 250 USD. I hadn't any experience with it, but have seen some positive feedback on it.

Jan 14, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoewreck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's just a short for "Do It Yourself"

Oh, umh, i dont think i understand what it means in this situation.. :p, like buying loose components and building an amp yourself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoewreck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd upgrade source/amp first. You'll have to anyway, why not begin with? Probably Dr.DAC 2 would suit. It's an external USB soundcard/headamp combo, costs about 250 USD. I hadn't any experience with it, but have seen some positive feedback on it.

Allright, thanks!

Hmm, are there any american websites that allows you to search through different retailers stock? (like a search engine that finds products and categorizes them via price :p) -there are some swedish ones but i can barely find any headphone amplifiers on them.

Alternatively are there any sweet sites that are selling amps and shipping worldwide?

P.S, sorry about the ****ed up post i just dont really understand the multi-quote system on this forum :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back