Smaller LOD, Please!
Jun 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

AudioDwebe

Headphoneus Supremus
I think the "smaller" portable amps are a great thing; however, if the LOD used is still large, then what's the point? Does anyone know if any company is making a smaller-profiled LOD for the iPod? Or, is that even possible?

The cumbersomeness of the amp, pod + the connections is what made me sell off the amps I had and go sans amp. But now, with the Shadow coming out and the smaller Pico, I'm kind of starting to get the itch for an amp again, but only if the connection can be just as minimally-sized as the amps.

There's got to be a way to make a sleek, small one, right?

Anyone?

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 15
Punnisher made some really slim "low profile" docks and another headfi'er (can't remember the name) made me a tiny one 1-2 years ago. Qusp also makes nice docks but due to the wires he use they are slightly bigger.

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 15
AV Adapter for Apple iPod, Black

eforcity_2057_205371492

thats what i use, works great and is a most convenient shape

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 15
x3 for punnisher. I've seen some of his low-profile docks, and they're really cool.

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 15
^^Pics?

I keep seeing usernames of people who sell LODs, but I don't see any pics or threads anywhere on them....

I'd like a nice small LOD that's iPod Touch v2 compatible.. and not crazy expensive.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

eforcity_2057_205371492

Thanks for that Mark. I have a fairly small lod that works well for me when I'm listening at the desk etc, but when I have my ipod/amp on my belt or portable use it's a little large especially the connection on my small xxs, makes it difficult to find the volume pot wo looking.. I mount my amp sideways on my ipod case so I can still use belt clip. This will work great with that input on the side. Great find.

Price is fantastic too at $15 shipped using coupon code.

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^Pics?
I'd like a nice small LOD that's iPod Touch v2 compatible.. and not crazy expensive.....
smily_headphones1.gif

x2

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Griffith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for that Mark. I have a fairly small lod that works well for me when I'm listening at the desk etc, but when I have my ipod/amp on my belt or portable use it's a little large especially the connection on my small xxs, makes it difficult to find the volume pot wo looking.. I mount my amp sideways on my ipod case so I can still use belt clip. This will work great with that input on the side. Great find.

Price is fantastic too at $15 shipped using coupon code.

oh that things great i think. also has a mini usb socket on the other side from the headphone socket and on the bottom has an ipod connector socket so if u want to can plug it into something to provide power.

but mostly its just a really really convenient shape

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

eforcity_2057_205371492

Cute and clever but not compatible with Touch and iPhone

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cute and clever but not compatible with Touch and iPhone