Small,short ear canals possible for customs???
Dec 12, 2011 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rayquaza

Head-Fier
I made an ear impression and I found out that my ear canal is small n short. My audiologist said that custom iems may not be possible for my type of ears.. It is true?? I ignored her n just send the ear molds to my dealer for a custom iem via unique melody.Btw im reshelling my westone 4 plus upgrade to 6 drivers.Any advice??

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 9
UM will contact you if it can't be reshelled into customs because your ears are too small. Good luck..

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 9
I've only seen this once someone sent them into Westone and was told ear canals too small.

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 9
Though unlikely, UM will let you know if your ears are too small. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks for the info! This is my first customs. Im hoping nothing goes wrong..really looking forward to my new customs.. I have to wait for 7 more weeks! The sony ericsson stock earphones r damn horrible T_T

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 9
7 weeks? That's quite long. Waiting is always the worst part, I just try to forget about them until I get an email saying they've been shipped. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 9
Yep kckc..7 weeks...or more. It is sent to um china.. The ordering form states that customers have to wait a minimum of 7 weeks.. So I calculated,i would get it by 16 january 2012.. Since chinese new year is around that month,i think they will delay till febuary..

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 9
I am from Canada and when I got my UM Merlins from them, there was a turnaround time of exactly 20 days from when they received my impressions to when it was shipped. And the shipping took 2 days for a total of 22 days. So who know, maybe you'll get your customs faster than expected! Although I did talk to UM the other day and their cutoff for shipping before Xmas were impressions they received before Dec.10, all order after that will probably ship end of month or early Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back