Small comparison of AWEI ES800M (Best bang for buck)
Mar 30, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #16 of 61
Well I lost my Ety hf3's (very upset!) and so wanted to try something that wouldn't nwarrant a funeral if lost!

I have just received my Awei 800M's. And in the meantime found my Ety's!!!! Typical but I'm still SO glad I bought the Awei's. They are a serious contender for "Bang for Buck" awards! I thought finding the Creative 630's about 10 yr ago was my best find but these are right up there with them if not surpassing them! Yes they are not as good as the Ety's but is there £120 between them? NO WAY! Not even half that amount. I have just ordered a few more Awei models as I need to see if it's just a fluke with the 800's. For the money, I can't see why everyone on here doesn't just suck it and see. If I hadn't have listened to these then I would have happily given them to a mate seeing how I'd found my hf3's but these are now my new exercise buds for sure. Unless theres a secret "grail" within their other range?:)

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #17 of 61
Damn, mine decided to die completely after less than two months... No idea why it happened as well, all of the sudden they just dropped dead and my smartphone even stopped detecting them at all.

Anyone knows if there's such thing as short circuits on headphones?

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #18 of 61
You should try to disasemble them and see if there is any shortened wires inside.

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #19 of 61
Edit: After small research found right terms, cord noise and microphonics but I'm still willing to hear if you have special ES800M tricks up your sleeves.

I bought ES800Ms from DX few week ago and this friday I received the package. Sound seemed fine when I tested but yesterday I picked few mixes and podcasts to listen while jogging. I put my player to my jacket inside pocket and once I put plugs to my ear I realized the problem. Cord is naturally bouncing and rubbing my cheeks so I keep hearing this contant vibration/noise which overshadows the music/speech.

Do people have similar issues (common for cheap iem plugs due to manufacturing/design/materials?), is there easy diy solutions to minimize this effect without making it look ridiculous or too complicated.

I used two pairs of Creative 630 plugs multiple years and never had similar issue or at least this bad. Since I bought these primaly for jogging these doesn't really serve the purpose I planned.

May 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:
Edit: After small research found right terms, cord noise and microphonics but I'm still willing to hear if you have special ES800M tricks up your sleeves.

I bought ES800Ms from DX few week ago and this friday I received the package. Sound seemed fine when I tested but yesterday I picked few mixes and podcasts to listen while jogging. I put my player to my jacket inside pocket and once I put plugs to my ear I realized the problem. Cord is naturally bouncing and rubbing my cheeks so I keep hearing this contant vibration/noise which overshadows the music/speech.

Do people have similar issues (common for cheap iem plugs due to manufacturing/design/materials?), is there easy diy solutions to minimize this effect without making it look ridiculous or too complicated.

I used two pairs of Creative 630 plugs multiple years and never had similar issue or at least this bad. Since I bought these primaly for jogging these doesn't really serve the purpose I planned.

Wear them over the ear?

May 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #21 of 61
Today I was jogging with Rock It Sounds R-50 connected to my Sansa Clip and everything was fine, the cord of R-50 has no microphonics and it is very smooth plus these IEMs are "over the ear".

May 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #22 of 61
I'm surprised nobody else pick these up. No hype at all? They're pretty good for $8. Btw, they sound good for metal and rock. Kinda V-shaped. At first the sound wonky, but after 2hrs of burn-in, they're slightly better. Nobody else has these? I'm surprised with all these budget-fi equipment. (Philips 3590/Monoprice 8320), they can't compete with above $50 stuff but hell they cost only a fraction.

May 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #23 of 61
After trying a couple more of less than 5$ iem's I bought another pair of these (after my first one short-circuited) and they still impress me. It's very controlled and balanced in all kinds of music (like it says on the split), and certainly compare with 20/30$ iem's. The build quality is good and they look good as well (mine came without the huge L and R markings). The only problems I found are the fact that the cable is a bit too stiff and its rubber is a bit too "noisy".

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #29 of 61
How does es900 it sound compared to es800m.? I do have es800m and very happy with it but if es900i is similar..... Then maybe will get something else.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back