SM3v6 problem...advice?
Mar 11, 2006 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Squeek

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got my brand new sm3v6. I charged the batteries and wanted to start using it.

Upon getting it connected, it plays music for a few seconds and then the LED starts flashing and it outputs loud clicks to the earphones. The clicks are in sync with the flashes of the LED.

What could be causing this?

I thought perhaps it was just dead/dying batteries so I plugged it in again and left it overnight. The same error happens.

For clarity...once the clicking starts, the music stops. And the clicking seems to follow a steady pattern.

I've already posted this on fixup as well, but there is not a lot of activity there.

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 8
Have you emailed Xin with your problem? Did you read the Battery/Rechargeable Battery sections of the user manual?

Edit: my bad, the supermacro actually charges batteries!

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 8
this happened to my SMV1 before too. I guess there's something wrong with the battery contact, try using DC input to see if the clicks is still there. I sent my SMV1 for repair but came back with the clicks still there using battery but not the DC input.

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 8
my first recourse would be to change batteries eg. momentarily substitute alkalines - IOW determine the problem as best you can. It is the easiest thing to do since you do have satisfactory operation for those first few seconds with re-charged bats..

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 8
Similar thing happened to me in the past and it turned out the SuperMacro was not charging the batteries properly. Just enough to get the LED on and music to play for a few seconds before loud clicks (in a very fast repetition), eventually a loud whine through the headphones and then the unit would go off completely. I invested in an external charger rather than relying on the SM to charge my batteries. This solved my problem.

Mar 11, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by HIFI_fiend
Similar thing happened to me in the past and it turned out the SuperMacro was not charging the batteries properly. Just enough to get the LED on and music to play for a few seconds before loud clicks (in a very fast repetition), eventually a loud whine through the headphones and then the unit would go off completely. I invested in an external charger rather than relying on the SM to charge my batteries. This solved my problem.

Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for your input. I'll try charging them externally.

Mar 11, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for your input. I'll try charging them externally.

I heard that Xin "fixed" the battery contact problem in V6 (mine is a V3). I had to work and work my contacts to get the best battery connection. Mine V3 would not power up on many occassions. Of course I just got my LaRocco PRII today so I figure my SuperMacro will not get much use any more from my first impressions of the PRII..
icon10.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 8
So...I'm just an idiot.

He sends every adapter defaulted to 220v. Apparently he used to default to 110v, but if someone with a 220v feed plugged it in without changing it, poof, the amp was toast. If it is defaulted to 220v and plugged into a 110v, there is no damage, but of course, the batteries will not charge correctly. As was the case in my situation.

The switch is somewhat hidden on the back of the adapter and I didn't even notice it. Once I changed it everything worked perfectly.

I guess Xin has cleared up his backlog because he replied to my emails within 3 hours. That was an unexpected and pleasant suprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back