SM2 broke apart, need sugestions.
Dec 11, 2010 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Aivc

New Head-Fier
HEy ! New to headfi here :)

I just bought the TMA-1's and a pair of ER4P after using the SM2 for 6 months. I was thinking of selling them here on Headfi, but when i reached to grab them, the left earphone broke apart. It could be fixeable with a bit of glue.

Question is, should I try and glue them together and still sell them (they're not under warranty anymore), or should I send them to Fisher Audio for a custom reshell, wich is what I was thinking of doing before I got new headphones ? Does anyone have experience with reshelled Earsonics?

Thx for your input guys !

Dec 12, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
HEy ! New to headfi here :)

I just bought the TMA-1's and a pair of ER4P after using the SM2 for 6 months. I was thinking of selling them here on Headfi, but when i reached to grab them, the left earphone broke apart. It could be fixeable with a bit of glue.

Question is, should I try and glue them together and still sell them (they're not under warranty anymore), or should I send them to Fisher Audio for a custom reshell, wich is what I was thinking of doing before I got new headphones ? Does anyone have experience with reshelled Earsonics?

Thx for your input guys !

i don't know how much reglued SM2's go for in head-fi...

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 7
Well I'm quite interested in a pair of cheap SM2's. It may not be only me, so how about just posting them on the FS corner? It won't hurt.

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Well I'm quite interested in a pair of cheap SM2's. It may not be only me, so how about just posting them on the FS corner? It won't hurt.

I stand corrected..looks like the OP is in luck

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #6 of 7
any updates about what you will do with it? maybe I'll order a new one. I've seen the SM2 at soundearphones.com for $269 and a 15% off coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back