Slummin' in NYC
May 17, 2003 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
I gotta say that Highwaystar and his lovely wife are fantastic hosts and all-around great folks.I've been to New York a few times and had some great fun but have always felt like a visitor/tourist.Ken made me feel right at home.

I'm staying at what can be loosely defined as a hole,but it's got a bed,shower,fridge and TV so I guess I can't complain too much.The hood is another thing.I have to study the Jewish faith more so that I am familiar with the practices.My attempt to get sleep last night and this morning was a practice in futility.

I have taken some really cool pics that I'm going to post to my new website when I get I done soon.I have been feverishly scanning all my old pics to add to the site so it should be a lot of fun.

I met one of my retired Chiefs from the job for breakfast this morning and was sorry to see that he is again an alcoholic and is in bad shape.I tried to convince him to come back to Chicago where he has family and a support system.

I'm at an internet cafe(term also used loosely) using the dirtiest keyboard I have ever seen.Man,the lengths we'll reach to listen to headphones! This meet should be fun.I'm taking lots of pice and I'll link them when I get home.I can't wait to meet all the NY head-fiers,especially Grinch
wink.gif
.That should be fun.

I'll get back with you guys later tonight when I'm safely back in the CHI.I didn't want to start a NY meet thread because I'm a guest and I'll leave that to the NY guys.

May 17, 2003 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 7
hehe, glad to hear you made it safely, dirty keyboards are a part of NY life, welcome to the slums. I'll be seeing you in a hour or so, i'm bring a handful of records, namely brubeck's time out, the first and second garbage albums and the taxi driver soundtrack, hopefully some of you will enjoy em!
wink.gif

Can't wait to meet a vinyl nut such as yourself.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2003 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 7
Fred,

Thanks for the kind words. I wish we would have had more time together. Hopefully next time we will. Thanks for coming !

Ken

May 19, 2003 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 7
you guys are always welcome here in sunny CA.
its gorgeous today, especially in San Francisco. Cloudless blue skies, 70 degree weather...and a potential meet in the near future...

May 19, 2003 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Fred

it was great meeting you
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back