Slimx : Good buy?
Jan 11, 2003 at 3:36 PM Post #16 of 57
O cool, it looks great! But what about that box thing next to it?

Jan 11, 2003 at 6:20 PM Post #18 of 57
That iRiverPod looks pretty neat
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2003 at 10:48 PM Post #21 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by ssblood
When will they learn firewire is better then usb 2
frown.gif

Pro of USB 2 over firewire: Compatibility with USB 1.

Jan 12, 2003 at 12:38 AM Post #23 of 57
Their not gonna do firewire cause USB is much more popular. USB came up to a speed that is near firewire just as firewire was getting popular with the PC world. Since it's so similar to USB1 and is backwards compadable with it, everyone decided that doing firewire would be stupid, eventhough it is better.

Jan 12, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #26 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Necroist
What are your opinions on Slimx's IMP-400 model? Is it a good buy?

Just a few observations I wanted to mention.

Unexpectedly, the Fm tuner is of excellent quality (very clear stereo sound).

I find changing Cd's a little more tasking than other portables. It like you need long finger nails or small fingers to lift the cd out of place. The cd seems to lay more flush making it more difficult to grab with the thumb and middle finger. I just developed a knack where I push down on one side and lift the other side of the disc out of place. Maybe thats a not a great revelation to pcdp users in general, but I just found that I had to make a more conscience effort changing cd's with my slimx 400.

good luck

Jan 12, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #27 of 57
Johno, I think the purpose of the external battery pack is to recharg the batteries when you don't have access to a wall outlet. I don't see what your complaint about the battery back is. Could you elaborate?

Jan 12, 2003 at 1:21 AM Post #28 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Whitebread
Johno, I think the purpose of the external battery pack is to recharg the batteries when you don't have access to a wall outlet. I don't see what your complaint about the battery back is. Could you elaborate?

Jan 12, 2003 at 1:31 AM Post #29 of 57
If that's the case the first time it comes to that I'm throwing this person out the window, flushing it down the commode on an airplane or whatever.
frown.gif
The worst part is I won't be able to recharge when I'm in germany will I? There outlets are different then USA I would think. Means I'm going to have to sell this pcdp before June and get another one;/

Jan 12, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #30 of 57
Just so there's no misunderstandings, I just wanted to make it clear I'm not a Sony fan or knocking the slimx. I just meant that I can't help to make comparisons, it's only natural. I usually live or die by my portable, take it everywhere I go, sleep with it, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back