Slimx : Good buy?
Jan 13, 2003 at 2:40 AM Post #46 of 57
heh, i take my batteries out of my mouse when they die and stick them in my remote, usually run for 2 or 3 months then, some devices require more power to jump start them
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2003 at 3:49 AM Post #51 of 57
O, but it probably would be cheeper if you got it now. What if you went over seas later? You wouldn't have to buy any batteries.

Jan 18, 2003 at 3:16 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Whitebread
Well, so far, my silver ring hasn't scratched but I use the fabric case all the time, anyone with an IMP-400 should. Although, just by handling the player, I have gotten the oils from my skin on the finish of the player everywhere. It can be cleaned with a damp rag but it is annoying. Although, the player does attract attention from those who don't know a think about CD players. They think it's some space age player that cost 500 bucks. It's really funny.

Oil of your skin? Damn, you must like your PCDP a whole lot to
care if oil of your skin gets on it :p Why not just get a plastic
cover? Nothing'll touch it.. Or you could make a thing that would
surround if and only give u access to the buttons. :p

Jan 19, 2003 at 2:08 AM Post #53 of 57
It comes with a thick cloth case. It leaves little to be touched. Although, it's think and the player won't fit in my pocket with the case on. I have to take it out, thus I get skin oils on it.

Jan 19, 2003 at 5:56 PM Post #55 of 57
I don't have a pic, but I can tell you what comes with it. You get the player, some very crappy headphones, 2 stick batteries, a AC power adaptor, a manual, some wareenty info, a 12V car plug power adaptor, a cassette audio thing (so you can play the CD player over your car stero if you don't have a CD player), the remote and a cloth case. If you get this player, I suggest you read the manual, as it has a bunch of features that I've never seen on a portable player before.

Jan 26, 2003 at 8:49 AM Post #56 of 57
Damn... I really want that hard drive iRiver player. I've been waiting for one forever. I even emailed iRiver earlier today asking if there was gonna be one. I have a ChromeX and am still waiting for the ogg support... I'm hoping the hard drive player will support it as well.

Jan 29, 2003 at 2:28 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by OriginalReaper

The sound quality is fine with me. The line out sucks, though, but unless you plan on using it I wouldn't even consider it. The menu is very deep. It allows you to fiddle with a ton of things.

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

OriginalReaper, since you say the line out sucks, does that mean if you had a portable headphone amp, airhead or supermini, that you wouldn't use the line out for that? What about if you want to hook it up to a home stereo? How did you conclude that the line out sucks?

Thanks for your help!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back