Slimline tonic for ears.
Jul 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

andyalfa

100+ Head-Fier
After totalling 2 hard disk players in 6 months, I’ve decided to ditch my beloved Creatvie Zens in favour of a flash drive Sansa Fuze. However, as the Fuze is considerably slimmer in size than the ZVM and especially the Touch, I’m concerned that my sweet sounding PA2V2 amp might be less aesthetically pleasing when paired with my new player. So, this begs the question, are there any reasonably priced, great sounding slim and elegent looking headphone amps out there that I could upgrade to? The amp will be plugged into the headphone socket (in the absence of a decent LOD) and be driving Ultimate Ears SuperFi 3’s.

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi, thanks forthe links. I'll check them out.

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #4 of 7
This is how T4 will look next to Fuze.

P1000183-1.jpg

Jul 6, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Wow, that is very sleek. I have to ask about the connector though. Is that a custom made line out to 3.5mm job, or is it available commercially? I only ask because I read a "how to..." post about this, but I can't solder worth a 5h1t.

Jul 6, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #6 of 7
That is a custom made LOD. You can probably ask a DIY'er to build one for you (instruction is somewhere in the DIY forum), but I don't think anyone is selling them commercially.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a custom made LOD. You can probably ask a DIY'er to build one for you (instruction is somewhere in the DIY forum), but I don't think anyone is selling them commercially.

Shame really. There must be a market out there for someone to take it up professionally.

Anyone out there fancy themselves as a custom cable maker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back