Slightly OT: Component Video Cable Recommendations?
Aug 12, 2005 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nospam

500+ Head-Fier
Since I'm moving into a new apartment, I've decided to upgrade my TV. This means I can now take advantage of the Component Video output of my ReplayTV and DVD player
biggrin.gif

It also means I need to get some decent Component Video cables, which is where you all come in.

I've been happy with my Outlaw PCA cables, so I'm thinking about getting their silver video cables. However, they cost 2-3x as much as similar offerings from Heartland Cables and Blue Jean Cables.

Has anyone done any comparison of these cables for video (or audio)?

As far as I can tell, they all have adequate shielding, which is my main concern (other than picture quality).

Aug 13, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 4
I'd strongly recommended Blue Jeans Cables.

Very strong performers (using Belken 1694A wire) and exceptional price and service. The Canare RCA connectors are superb. The wire is a little stiff so make sure there is room for them as they will not fit in tight spots.

I use their digital coaxial cable (also based on Belden 1694A) as well as their component video cable. I sold some of my name brand high end digital coax interconnects (>$300) and name brand component video cables (>$200) on Audiogon once I tried their stuff. I've been preaching the gospel, so to speak, ever since!

PS. I am NOT affiliated with this company.

Aug 15, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Get the Blue Jeans Cables Component Video Cables. I got them hooked up between my ModWright LLC Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi and SONY KV-20FS120 TV and the picture quality is superb: accurate, clean, and neutral. BJC makes very affordable and high quality cables. I can hardly tell the differences between both their component video cables and unbalanced stereo RCA cables and my premium Cardas cables. I also tried WireWorld cables and BetterCables at much higher prices only to discover that my analog TV can not resolve the much touted differences. Good enough for me as I saved money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back