slightly confused. E7 with pioneer receiver.
Feb 20, 2011 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

wisher75

New Head-Fier
First off, Will an e7 even be worth the money if i'm going to run my M-50 through a home stereo receiver. Secondly, is it possible to run the e7 as a DAC and still use the receiver and not the line out on my comp? If so, how? Please post with your thoughts becasue i just can't wrap my mind around this.

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 14
If the E7 is not being used with a computer, it's only functioning as an amplifier, and a fairly weak one for the money.

Also, we need to know the source that is being fed to your receiver...

If you are planning to use the E7 from your computer to output to your receiver, you will first need to wait for the L7 to be released as there is no way yet to get a proper line out from the E7 alone.

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 14
By source, we mean source equipment. My assumption is that you intend to use the E7 exactly as I thought in my last post, if that's the case you can just use the headphone out from the E7 to your receiver as the bass boost will not be available through the line out of the E7.

Is there any particular reason you need the receiver to be in the mix? Honestly you will probably get far better sound plugging your M50's straight into the E7 as adding the receiver will only add another unnecessary part of the audio chain and degrade the sound quality, but very marginally so.

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
the audio sources range from 192kps to lossless. I read that the E7 is good for a bass booster and good for equalizing bad quality music.

For the price of the E7, I dont think you have a lot to lose - I use my MSII to clean up YouTube vids and it does a great job. All of my music is lossless, but quite a few of the vids were downloaded with an eye on the smallest filesize.

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
By source, we mean source equipment. My assumption is that you intend to use the E7 exactly as I thought in my last post, if that's the case you can just use the headphone out from the E7 to your receiver as the bass boost will not be available through the line out of the E7.

Is there any particular reason you need the receiver to be in the mix? Honestly you will probably get far better sound plugging your M50's straight into the E7 as adding the receiver will only add another unnecessary part of the audio chain and degrade the sound quality, but very marginally so.

Sorry, I'm new to using headphones but since I now have a roommate I can't exactly listen to my music like I want to through my stereo. However, will the actual volume of the headphones suffer from not being plug into the receiver? Thats a big thing for me. 

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #9 of 14
The E7, and especially dedicated headphone amplifiers can get ridiculously loud. Volume is one of the main reasons amplifiers are used. You should be fine with the E7 alone.

If you decide you need more the E9 is the next logical, and significant upgrade.

Feb 21, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #14 of 14
E7 + M50 = GREAT COMBO. You do NOT need your receiver in the Mix whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back