Sleeves for sm3v2?
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 4
Now I'm not sure if you referring to custom sleeves or the stock tips that come with the SM3s. You can get Shure triple flange tips and cut them off to become biflanges like the grey ones which come stock. The other sleeves which come standard are the Comply tips, so those should be easy to obtain as well. Or you could use Shure grey flex tips or Sony hybrids. If you're talking about the customs then I would imagine that any sleeve such as the UM56 or ACS custom would work just fine for you. YMMV of course, but in general I would say that there isn't really a "best" but merely what is more comfortable to you material wise and the quality of the fit you get from

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Now I'm not sure if you referring to custom sleeves or the stock tips that come with the SM3s. You can get Shure triple flange tips and cut them off to become biflanges like the grey ones which come stock. The other sleeves which come standard are the Comply tips, so those should be easy to obtain as well. Or you could use Shure grey flex tips or Sony hybrids. If you're talking about the customs then I would imagine that any sleeve such as the UM56 or ACS custom would work just fine for you. YMMV of course, but in general I would say that there isn't really a "best" but merely what is more comfortable to you material wise and the quality of the fit you get from

I've noticed that some sleeves give a different sound signature then others.  I noticed the stock tips were really easy to come off and either get stuck in my ear or just fall off.  I loved the biflanges but the foam ones gave a completely different and muddy sound signature.  So I'm wondering if there are sleeves that would give a snug fig on the IEM themselves while keeping the same sound signature of the biflanges or better.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 4
Try the Sensorcom double flange sleeves or get the white triple flange Shure sleeves and cut off the first (smallest) flange flush. These should give you a sound signature that is closer to the stock grey double flange sleeves whilst staying snug on the housing nozzle. Out of the two though, the Sensorcom sleeves seem to be the better choice and are a favorite here (link).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back