sleeping with headphones?
Apr 18, 2004 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeliao
A long time ago my parents told me not to sleep with headphones on because I'd strangle myself on the cord tossing and turning at night. Of course being a teenager then, I immediatly ignored them. One night many months later, I woke up with trouble breathing and a sharp pain around my neck. So if you're going to wear headphones to sleep, listen to my parents and go wireless.
biggrin.gif

That's why I only use phones with single-sided cords at night. I've tried the V6, which is kinda OK (comfort-wise), but mostly I use the Sony G73 at night, sacrificing sound quality for comfort.

Apr 18, 2004 at 2:31 PM Post #17 of 26
I have, at some time, fallen asleep wearing just about every dynamic headphone I own. There's a reason I refuse to listen to electrostatic headphones in the bedroom
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
I use my Hd600 in bed
biggrin.gif
The secret in using big headphones while you sleep is in the kind of pillow you use. I use this.

Tortie, how is that pillow. Looks very comfortable.

My favorite "bedphone" so far is the Koss KSC-35 because I can lay on my side without much effect on sound or comfort.

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #19 of 26
DON'T talk to me about sleeping with headphones!

I used to sleep with my sony MDREX70's and all went fine until I bought a set of wireless Panasonic headphones...then all hell broke loose. I slept with the Panasonics and then I woke up, gasping for breath, to find the EX70's had coiled themselves around my neck and were choking me to death!

Well from than night on the Sony's started acting like a real bitch, throwing dirty laundry around the house and never..i mean..NEVER leaving the seat up. Because I love both of these headphones terribly I decided never to sleep with any of them again, although I must admit, I do fantasise about it every now and then.

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:46 PM Post #21 of 26
I used to sleep with my 212's on, but then I started having all these wierd problems with my neck, so I switched to my E2's
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #22 of 26
I am thinking about the triports since they surround my ear and don't actuall rest on them. Are they worth $100 though? That is the cheapest I have found them for. I guess either those or the 7506's, they seem to be pretty sturdy. Thanks for all the help

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cadobhuk
People already start sleeping with headphones instead of girls

Hell yeah. You can control the volume of your headphones. You can even shut them off!
eek.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #25 of 26
Try as I may, I cannot all asleep with my EX71's inserted or wearing any other headphone.

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #26 of 26
I've fallen asleep with V6s on, but never on my side. They are fairly thin, considering they are circum-aural. The only protroud about 1" from the side of my head, and are flat.

However, for the more efficent headphones you can turn up the volume, bend the earcups out, and put them on your chest. They don't sound quite as good as when you have them on your head, but they are so light and comfy! It's like you're nto wearing headphones at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back