Sleeping with headphones on
Apr 7, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #16 of 48
I actually can't sleep without some kind of music on, so I'm kind of stuck here.
confused.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #18 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
All the time. I can fall asleep wearing any phones...

Wait wait, i bet I couldn't fall asleep with some K1000's on.
k1000smile.gif
Anyone wanna lend me a pair to try?

Apr 7, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #19 of 48
Ugggg, its 1:15 AM and I'm still reading head-fi.
Tell you what, I'll go to bed with my senns on now and tell you how things work out tomorrow.
icon10.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #20 of 48
I used to go to bed wearing my old wharfedale isodynamics all the time in my youth. Luckily it had a coiled cord so strangulation was never really an issue and the big, flat square shape really lent itself to sleeping with, even on my side. Usually listening to Capitol Radio in the '70s.

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #21 of 48
I certainly can't sleep with my 325i on. It's just uncomfortable, instead I just use my Shure E4c.
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #22 of 48
Yes.. I go to sleep with my A900LTDs on just about every night. I usually wake up once in the night and unconsciously remove them. I hardly even remember taking them off my head though. I always just find them 'laying' next to me on a pillow in the morning. They are so thoughful and kind not to wake me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #23 of 48
Listening to music in bed or laying on my recliner is a rather common thing for me, so it goes without saying that I nod off now and then. I'm rather worried that I'm going to damage my Baby O doing so.

Apr 7, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #25 of 48
No one has mentioned it yet, but you should probably listen to music at lower levels or use a sleep timer of some sort if you're planning to sleep with your headphones on. Otherwise, you might wind up with several more hours of high-decibel sound than is safe. I realized this after I fell asleep with the cans on and had a touch of ringing in the morning. It went away, but this is what I mostly worry about when sleeping with headphones.

Apr 7, 2006 at 9:12 AM Post #26 of 48
Indeed, but as I "nod off" i find myself constantly lowering the volume to almost imperceptible levels.

When i put them on the next day to listen im always surprised at how low the volume level is.

Apr 7, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #27 of 48
I do so sometimes, but only during naps. I think that it is bad for your ears to listen to music for 8-10 hours straight. I guess it's fine if you turn down the volume. The sleep/snooze function might be useful as well. Another reason against sleeping with headphones on is I've tried sleeping with headphones on through the night and often find it very annoying in the morning. I'm a light sleeper close to wake-up time and I don't like being woken up unaturally.
Comfort isn't a problem at all: I don't roll around much.

Apr 7, 2006 at 9:45 AM Post #28 of 48
I always sleep with my er4p on!!
etysmile.gif
makes my ears kinda ache every morning.

Apr 7, 2006 at 10:24 AM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by wustzjj
I always sleep with my er4p on!!
etysmile.gif
makes my ears kinda ache every morning.

Oh yeah my ears hurt after a few hours. They hurt when I use tri-flanges. Foamies are ultra-comfy and offer very good long-term comfort.

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:09 AM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Oh yeah my ears hurt after a few hours. They hurt when I use tri-flanges. Foamies are ultra-comfy and offer very good long-term comfort.

But I think foamies decrease the clearty and makes er4p to bassy.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back