Sleek SA6
Dec 13, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #1,411 of 1,423
How do you compare the CK10 to the SA6 in terms of SQ, fit, comfort, isolation, etc?

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #1,412 of 1,423
the sa6 isolates better and with bass ports has a more forceful bass but the ck10 is a much more natural listen for me. a much wider stage esp for an armature. its bass is nothing spectacular but it is fast. they are very good trance phones.

ck10 are very comfortable though: if you do not use audio technica earpieces. they are hard and have ridges that cause irritation in my ears. i use the foam that came with my fx500 and it isolates very well and has a good sound signature. they use the sony earpieces well too if you like those (i don't)

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #1,416 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by ychao24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still going strong after all these years? Must say alot for them 'phones...

Anyway how do these fare when compared to the Senn IE8's? I could get both for around the same price so... I'd appreciate some honest opinions!

Thanks.

I have both. Must admit that they don't get used much due to JH13's getting the first choice most of the time.

IE8's are sturdier for travel but SA6 is much clearer in mids and highs.

I keep both because they have a nice signature to them. Both are customizable. I put ACS sleeves on IE8 but have gone back to Sony tips.

If I could only get one, I'd probable get IE8's due to there ability to take a knock. I changed 2 drive units on SA6 - great service but a design issue all the same.

Hope that helps.

Sceptre

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #1,417 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both. Must admit that they don't get used much due to JH13's getting the first choice most of the time.

IE8's are sturdier for travel but SA6 is much clearer in mids and highs.

I keep both because they have a nice signature to them. Both are customizable. I put ACS sleeves on IE8 but have gone back to Sony tips.

If I could only get one, I'd probable get IE8's due to there ability to take a knock. I changed 2 drive units on SA6 - great service but a design issue all the same.

Hope that helps.

Sceptre

Thanks, getting a pair of IE8's soon.
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #1,420 of 1,423
I've had the Sleek SA6 IEMs for 7 years now, used for travelling and at the gym the past few years. After a couple cable replacements I think it's time for an upgrade.

What are people changing too from the SA6? Looking at the IE80, SE535, ER4PT or perhaps Momentum headphones. Looking for more clarity - my HD600 headphones sound far superior to the SA6's.

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #1,422 of 1,423
I'm sure they're great suggestions, but not available in the UK. Looking for some that can easily get hold of, plus spares if needed. That's the issue with the SA6's - cable has gone and no where to get a replacement. Yes you may say Sleek Audio sells them direct, however I placed an order, they've taken payment but nothing has happened and there's no response to my emails.

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #1,423 of 1,423
1) Cable nowadays is not a problem, if you've got working pins, you can make any custom cable you like. The cheapest variant is to buy some from lunashops and then to ask any mobile/notebook-repair-service to connect your pins to the new cable. 10-15 minutes for them in every city.
2) Ask Sleek Audio to sent you a new cable.
3) Russian brand Nail, has IEMs based on the same driver as Sleek SA6. Some users loves their models much more than SA6 and even Ety's ER4.
4) Etymotic ER4 PT (P + to S adapter included). They can suit a lot f SA6 users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back